I'm Back (and Still Pasty)

My parents took me, Dani, Holly and Steff on a short vacation over the weekend. Our final destination was someplace in Mexico. It was HOT, sunny, and gorgeous. Dani and I were SPF 55 the whole time. We returned home late last night. I missed Bryce terribly and I still can't believe this nightmare is mine. I will write something substantial as soon as I get my head screwed back on. Maybe tonight? Don't desert me--check this regularly! Remember the www.100daysoflove.blogspot.com challenge! Nathan and Suzie are working hard on it, so read it and send them some good comments! Let's keep Bryce's memory alive and rolling!

To the girls at Dr. Isotope's office-THANK YOU for the adorable gift!! We miss you guys, and I will bring Dani around in her new outfit to see your new digs!

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 4:14 PM
Nathan Sellers said:

I'm glad you got to go enjoy the warm sun and get away for awhile. I'm sure things are still hard for you. Suzie and I continue to pray for you often. We need to put our heads together sometime. I need to get your phone number so we can chat.

Nathan

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Elaine Miles said:

Tammy, I bet it felt somewhat good to "get away" from home for a few days. I can only imagine how hard it is to be alone even when your parents and sisters are around. I still think about you often--I hope you can feel the vibes and the prayers coming your way.
I love you so much, my little classy niece!

Love, Aunt Elaine

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 4:42 PM
Shawnee said:

It is so good to "hear" your voice. I've been worried about you; no blog and I couldn't reach your family. I'm thrilled you were able to get away to spike those endorphins in the sunny south! May your nightmare become sweet dreams.
I love you, Aunt Shawnee

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 4:44 PM

No one will ever desert you! We are always thinking of you. You are always in our prayers. Stay strong! Thank you for reminding us to simply be kind to others, sadly enough it takes a lot of reminding to think of such a simple thing! We love you!

Stephen and Brittani Martin

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM

I'm glad that you were able to get away for a little while. I check in on you daily (sometimes several time a day). Thanks for posting. I think of you and little Dani a lot and pray that each day brings you closer to finding peace.

Godspeed...

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 6:47 PM
Natalie White said:

Yay - I'm so glad to hear that you're back to the blogging. We've all missed reading about how you're doing. Come see us at Dr. Isotopes anytime!!! I'll be out at the new facility at the first of December and I would love to see those cute little owls on Dani. Hopefully everything will fit alright. Keep letting all of know how you are. Try to keep smiling and remember we all love you guys :)
Natalie

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Kathie said:

I'm so happy to hear that you got to get away for a change of scenery and a chance to take a deep breath. I still check this site daily and think of you and your family all the time. You'll never believe what an impact you and Bryce have had on my life. Glad you're all back safe and sound and ready to carry on Bryce's work.

On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM
Erin Herrin said:

Holy Cow, Mexico!!! That is awesome I really hope that you tried and enjoyed it. Where can I get SPF 55. With Maliyah getting her kidney the meds makes her at high risk for skin cancer and other cancers. Just let me know. I also heard that there is an SPF 75. Tammy I am still thinking about and praying for you. I know that this is so hard to face, I can't imagine what its like. I know that updates aren't on the top of your lists to do, but we love to read them. If you need anything please let me know. I love love babies!! I could watch Dani if you would let me. Justin me littliest love babies too. I was thinking about what you said at the funeral about you looking to see if Dani is "seeing" anything. I really wonder if babies are so use to seeing things that it just like any other day.
Just an example, when K&M were in the hospital I was talking to one of the doctors and out of nowhere K said that her Grandma prays by her bed everynight and Iwent to ask her something and her wouldn't talk to me about it anymore. I just know that Bryce is around you all the time.

We love you both and hope that you will let me help in any way that I can.

Erin

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 8:28 AM
Jacob said:

Rest assured, no one will desert you - you and Bryce have been an inspiration to more than you know. We have friends who, through our blog, found your story and have made wonderful comments about the struggles but most importantly the hope and courage they have found through your experiences. We love you and your family and will continue our prayers in your behalf.

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 1:02 PM
Jay said:

I love how caring and supportive your parents are. As difficult as this is for you right now, I'm sure being supported and being able to lean on your parents makes all the difference. What great new memories you are building with Dani!
Jay

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 2:24 PM
Katie said:

Yay for pasty! I'm so glad you got to go have some fun girl + Dad time away from everything here. I'm also glad you're back. Thanks for being such an awesome example to me, and those whom I've shared your story with. We're still praying for you! Let me know if you need anything. (Seriously!) Have a fabulous day, and as much as we love to read your posts, take care of yourself first.

Katie (and always Josh too)

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 3:02 PM
typingfool said:

That's interesting about babies and small children seeing things others doin't see. I had an experience with my daughter, actually a couple now that I think about it, when she was younger. I believe the veil is so much thinner then and that as we age we just can't see beyond it any more.

I'm sure Bryce is still watching over you and Dani, Tammy. I'm a convert to the church but there are some things that I learned when I joined the church that I knew I had been searching for all the time, I knew it was the truth the minute I heard it, and the concept of eternal families was one of those things. I just keep reminding myself as my loved ones grow older and leave me, that it's just for a short time. Compared to eternity, our wholes lives are nothing but a snap of the fingers, and it won't be long until we're together again - and we'll never be separated again. I can't wait for that day.

PS - Pasty is good. I've been Casper white my whole life! I couldn't tan if I wanted to. Unfortunately, I've had several severe burns, so I see a dermatologist regularly for checks. :( Those are important too!

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 3:12 PM

I'm glad you got to get away for a bit with your family. I wish that it could have taken away all of your pain, but we all know that it just doesn't work like that.

You have such a supportive family and friends. I am glad that you have such a great network of people to call on when you need it.

I'm thinking about you and you are in my prayers.

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 3:44 PM
Beth Peterson said:

WELCOME HOME TAMMY!!! I've missed you!!! You don't know what a ray of sunshine filled my heart when I logged on and saw your new message!! It's so good to hear from you again! I'm glad you're all back safe and sound.

You have such an influence for good in so many lives. Every place I go, when your name is mentioned, eyes light up and a smile spreads on every face. Tammy, you and Dani are dearly and deeply loved. Don't ever forget that or doubt that fact.

No one knows Gods plan or the reasons why we go through the trials in life that we do. Hopefuly one day ALL will be made clear to our understanding. As we travel the course we've been given, we come to realize just how precious family and friends can be. My greatest desire right now would be to help strengthen and support you through this trying time. But, because of who you are, I am the one being bouyed up and strengthened by you!!!

You are an AMAZING young woman! I love and adore you with all my heart! Keep the faith. Go, Fight, Win Tammy Brown! We're with you all the way! I LOVE YOU!!! -Beth

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 4:20 PM
Sally McWain said:

Tammy, OK, so I knew you must have been kidnapped to a far away place. How wonderful for you to get to spend alone time with your cute family. I hope you were able to enjoy them,the change of scenery, and relax a little. I know, though, that no matter how far away you go, Bryce is still right there in your heart. When I went to Tami's in CA, I was glad for the change, and especially the quiet, but darn him...he and his memory and my heartache were still there!!! Nevertheless, I was glad for the distraction!

I don't think you'll need to worry about being deserted...too many people to love you...including me!

I hope to see you soon... keep putting that one foot in front of the other!!!!

Love, Sally

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 8:41 PM
kristin Smith said:

Hi girls- welcome home!!
It is good to hear from you again. We are missing our contact with you but know that a new chapter must begin and we'll always cherish our memories. I hope that the outfits fit as well and would love to see you any Wed. at Dr. Isotopes. I'll be at LDS for the long haul! I'm so glad you have such great family to help you through these tough times. The trip sounds nice and warm. We love and pray for you always.
love kristin

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 8:46 PM

One thing I've never mentioned, is how amazing I think your parents and siblings are. I am so glad you have them! You hit the jackpot when it comes to family love.

Dear Tammy, I think about you daily, miss you always. I can't wait to talk to you again soon.

Much love to you and Dani!

Christy

On Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 11:09 PM
Michelle Terry said:

Welcome back girls,
I can't tell you how happy I was to see you posted again. I guess I didn't realize how much your story meant to me until I saw you had been MIA for a while. So glad you were able to get away and enjoy life for a bit. But glad you're back on again. We think about you often and pray for you double as much.

Michelle Terry

On Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 6:27 PM
Rob Sellers said:

Hello There, I am so glad that you were able to get away for a little while, even if it was only a change in the landscape. Just letting you and Dani know that you are always near and dear to my heart.ALWAYS!!! I had a thought for a Christmas tree... A big star on the top and a tree loaded with all of the extra wristbands. So call me goofy, just a thought.:) Love you all..

On Friday, November 16, 2007 at 9:39 AM
Jill said:

Hi, Tammy!

Glad you had some time to get away! Just wanted you to know that we're thinking of you.

-Jill

On Friday, November 16, 2007 at 2:26 PM
Jamie said:

I'm so glad to hear that you are well and were simply away with the family (I was a little worried when there was a large gap in the postings- I have a tendency to worry about those I care about though!). I'll bet it was nice to get away to the warmth and sun and be with those you love. I know you miss Bryce and that your life is so incredibly different without him. Know that there is a HUGE network of friends and family and even strangers who care about you and wish you the very best. Can't wait to hear from you again! XOXOXO
Jamie