Weekend Update

I just spent an hour and a half with Bryce—just us, talking and smiling until he drifted off to sleep a few minutes ago (or 2 1/2 hours ago, based on when I finished this post). He finished dictating his golf post, which we have spent about two minutes writing each night since the tournament (his post follows this one--make sure you see it!). I cherish these moments with Bryce, as they have become few and far between. People have asked me what a typical day is like for us, as I have shifted from wife and best friend to caregiver, which apparently is typical for situations like ours. I get up in the morning to Dani’s babbling, then stick her in bed with Bryce while I prepare her bottle, Bryce’s mango juice, Airborne and daily medications. I feed her and play with her while Bryce gathers enough strength to take his meds and make the exhausting 8-foot trek to the loo. His Jamba Juice usually arrives at this point (thanks, Rog!!), followed by Dani’s morning nap (which is getting shorter by the day—not cool!!). This is when I shower, change and throw my hair back (friends and family will shrink in horror when they hear that I have actually done my hair and makeup about FIVE times since July 18!! Yep, me—Miss High Maintenance. The MAC counter must be having withdrawals from me!! I’m so nasty. My sisters must he appalled.). Dani wakes up after 45 minutes and wants to eat. This is when we receive our daily visit from Bishop B., which we LOVE. (Thanks for all the Dani duty you have pulled, by the way—you must be an awesome grandpa!) Nurses, friends, family, etc. follow closely behind, followed by Dani’s nap, when I try to get a few things done. Bryce sleeps when there’s a lull in the action. I answer work calls randomly throughout the day. More family, friends and well-wishers arrive sporadically. (Don’t get me wrong—we love our visitors! I’m just illustrating an average day.) Dinner comes, which Bryce usually eats in bed while I take care of Dani. Occasionally I have a chance to run a few errands while somebody stays with my little family. (Aak!! I forgot to buy ant traps!) Dani goes to bed, we visit with loved ones, Bryce falls asleep, I join him at midnight, I stay up half the night with my thoughts. Of course, my thoughts always lead to action, which involves getting up and researching. This is also when I pillage the snack bin. Mmmmm….the snack bin…. my chocolate, sugar-coated, nocturnal fourth meal. Or first meal. Whatever. There you have it—a day in the life of the Brown family. Chocolate Brown…

bryce-by-jessi.jpg

Bryce is doing well, despite everything. We had a scare this weekend when he developed some pretty intense chest pain, but it is most likely referred pain from the cancerous vertebrae and ribs. He and I were scared, but once Dad explained his theory (which has been seconded by Dr. Isotope), we calmed down and Bryce took some ibuprofen to lessen the referred pain. It worked. His nausea and energy level have stayed fairly constant for several weeks, which we choose to believe is a good sign! It has been almost two weeks since his last blood transfusion, and he isn’t white as a sheet—he’s very pale, but he’s not quite to the linens stage. The hospice nurse will draw blood tomorrow (hopefully) to check his red count, among other things. Now that there’s a ton more blood available, thanks to many of you, any future transfusions won’t even dent the supply. Bryce went without his oxygen for about 10 minutes today before he realized it wasn’t blowing (I know—I don’t get it either ;). While that would have been a tragic situation a month ago, he maintained adequate saturation levels without his O2. Woohoo! Knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood…..

The past weekend was AWESOME. My Uncle Robbie and Aunt Kathleen flew to the SLC just to visit us. I haven’t had many opportunities to get to know them, as life and distance have gotten in the way. I know, that’s a pretty weak excuse. This disease has kicked a lot of us into action and opened our eyes to what really matters in life—our loved ones--and it’s better now than never! We had more than 30 years on which to catch up, which was FUN! Bryce and Rob “clicked”, and Bryce keeps talking about their great conversations. They helped with Dani, with housework, and with our morale. Bryce’s family took Dani overnight, which gave us a lot of time to kick back and talk. Kathleen bought Dani the cutest little outfits (12 months!!!)—thank you SO much! Dani adores Uncle Rob, and she just stared at him and smiled. They brought us a gift from Mel Mel and Unkie Jimmy—a salt shaker with a bold label, “FOR KILLING CANCER”. Awesome. Thanks! It was great on my fries today…(my nutritional deficit is getting pretty scary). We met their cute friend Scotty, who proved the “small world” theory again and again. Robbie and Kathleen, we love you a TON! We can’t wait to hang out again!! Stay strong! We also had a couple of special little visitors a few times over the weekend—Matt’s (Blogmaster) little boys, who are cute, smart, and big fans of Bryce! They loved my collection of crocodiles, which endeared them to me instantly. And vice versa. I got them amped on chocolate each time—sorry, Stacey! We love that family!!

We had an interesting experience Sunday night. We received a phone call from a complete stranger (a sweet, compassionate, smart man!) who had seen the news story about Bryce. He was moved by the story, and felt inspired to drive two hours to find us and share with us his nutritional supplement, in which he truly believes. We were skeptical yet intrigued. He gave us a month’s supply and told us to pray about whether Bryce should take it. Of course, I stayed up researching the ingredients. It seems safe, and given the randomness of the situation, we may be remiss if we shun this man’s spiritual promptings. I’ll keep everybody posted.

brown-by-jessi.jpg

Lastly, and I boldly bold this for good reason, I posted about the photographer who came to our home last week and took photos of our family. Our friends, the Steadmans, sent her to us out of the goodness of their hearts. Thanks, Toph and Julie!! Jessi, the photographer, sent us the web address to our photo shoot. She has graciously allowed all of our readers access to our photo shoot, which everybody should check out! Her pictures are BEAUTIFUL! She is compiling an album for us, free of charge. Not only is this a selfless act of kindness, but she donated her time, equipment, and money for a couple of strangers. What a remarkable woman!! I will put out the call to everybody—when you want exceptionally beautiful photographs taken (or hideous photos--I'm sure she'll humor you!), please use Jessi! We would love to repay her somehow, and generating business is one small way we can do this. You won’t be disappointed!! Go to www.jessistringham.com/brown to view all the pictures. If you want to see the condensed version, go to www.jessistringham.com/familiesareforever. Let me know what you think!! We were moved to tears, and I know many of you will be.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 5:15 AM

I am now a witness to your love along with your many other family and friends. What an unbelievable display of family times. You will cherish that for years to come.

I continue to pray hard for Bryce and your entire family. Hang in there!

Godspeed....

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 6:27 AM
duenas family said:

Those are absolutely the most beautiful pictures I have seen and they hold so much meaning knowing your story! Jessi has done such a wonderful job capturing your love for eachother and how much those moments together are cherished!!! You are right....tears were flowing!
We love you guys,
Familia Duenas

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 7:49 AM
Richard LeVitre said:

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
We were glad to hear the golf tournament was a success and that the weather cooperated, (I was praying for the weather and for you!) Glad you had good times with the old gang. I had wanted to come see you at the tournament, but didn't want to take time away from your golf buddies. I have earmarked some old photos in our family album to copy and get to you - maybe
I can bring them to you in person and stay while Tammy goes shopping (for ant traps?). You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers! Love, Ann and Richard LeVitre

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 8:14 AM
Katie said:

Tammy and Bryce,

Thanks so much for letting me come play with Dani last night. It was the highlight of my month! It was also really nice to get to know you a little better Tammy. Thanks for letting us be involved. I hope today is a great day for you, and I hope you'll call if you need anything. Thanks again for letting me play,

Katie Higbee

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 8:23 AM
Jessi Stringham said:

Thank *you* for the opportunity to take your photos. You both are such wonderful, caring people! I'm so honored to have captured such a special moment in your lives. Tears were a plenty when I was editing these pictures. You can feel the raw emotion of love between all of you and it was an absolute delight to be there with you.

Take care,
Jessi Stringham

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 8:27 AM
Erin Herrin said:

Bryce and Tammy,

The pictures are beautiful!! It just shows how much love you have for each other and for Dani. We are still praying for you. Kendra and Maliyah are still talking about the visit with you guys. When we went back to church on Sunday they found out that their primary teacher is one of your good friends. They were so excited that he knew Bryce too. Keep your faith and know that we love you and pray for you daily, sometimes more.

Erin, Kendra and Maliyah

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 8:34 AM
Fighting for Mike said:

You have the most beautiful family! Those pictures were the best I have ever seen. How touching. You all are still in our prayers!

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:03 AM
Teena said:

Tammy, and Bryce, my heart goes out to you. I learned of your situation form Karen York. We are in the same ward, and in the Relief Society Presidency together.

I am a breast cancer survivor. I know a small part of what you are dealing with. You both seem so strong, and faithful. Your love is so strong, and is an example to me.

Keep up the faith and good luck with your fight.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:07 AM
Roger Beattie said:

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family. I love you and cherish the time I am blessed to spend with you.

Bishop B

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:18 AM
Maegen Eastman Martineau said:

Bryce and Tammy,
Bryce it has been a long time. I think last we talked we were both waiting in line to see one of the Lord of the Rings movies. I just wanted you to know that my family and I are praying for you guys. What a beautiful little family you guys have!!! I can't believe how strong you guys are, what a great example to all of us. I just keep thinking of my Bryce memories and there are tons. So many from Oak Hills to Millcreek to the best back rubs from Brown Ryce Bountiful High. My first girl boy party was at the Brown's for Halloween 7th grade. We had so many fun times are little jr high group. I wont go on forever just wanted you to know that I love you guys and have you in my prayers. I wish I could come and see you. It kindof sucks to live away at these times. I love to read your website, Tammy you are amazing and I am grateful for you keeping us all in the loop. Keep fighting. We love you. Maegen and Family

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:25 AM
Karen York said:

Beautiful Pictures. What a wonderful gesture. I have been sobbing all morning. Thank you for posting the photo's. I have passed this website on to friends and family because I am so touched. Doorway, keep smiling. Your smile makes me smile.
Stepstool

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:29 AM
Jeni Rideout said:

Bryce and Tammy,
My aunt Karen told me about your website and told me about what your family has been going through. My heart aches for you both. I was diagnosed with melanoma 10 years ago and luckily it was caught in its earliest stage and I have been okay. But I know the fear that this horrible disease causes. Your family is so beautiful. You both are amazing. You both are so strong. Your family will always be in my prayers. I am with you in the fight against this disease, if there is anything that I can do even though I am a state away, let me know.
Stay strong,
Jeni

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 10:23 AM
Anonymous said:

What a special tribute to your adorable family. Those pictures are absolutly beautiful. You inspire so many people everyday. We are praying for you guys! You trully are inspirational.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 10:34 AM
Karen Stephens said:

Tammy and Bryce-

I only know you through your sweet parents, and the amazing glimpse of your life that you share online. But I sit and weep as I read of your courage and strength. Thank you for sharing the tender mercies of your life. The family photos were absolutlely beautiful and I felt privileged to see them.

You are an inspiration to all. I'm praying for the miracle of the 1%!

with love,
Karen Stephens

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 10:57 AM
Mikey said:

WOW!!!! Those pictures are beautiful. The slideshow combined with the music brought tears to my eyes. Wait a minute! Big guys don't cry! Let me rephrase. The pictures were awesome. Great job Jessi! The emotion you captured did make me tear up, but don't tell anybody.

Tammy, I found on my sister's iTunes a comedy bit by Robin Williams about Scotsmen and the creation of Golf. Being a Scotsman and a golfer(if you can call it that), I instantly loved it. It is a bit inappropriate to put in the post but I think Bryce would get a good laugh out of it. And with laughter being good for the soul, I must get it to you. I think of you guys often. I marvel at your strength and perseverance. I am truly blessed to know you both and to be able to call you my friends. Dani gets cuter and cuter every time I see her or even pictures of her. It sounds like Bryce is winning some battles; being able to without the Oxygen for a bit without knowing, and going longer without a transfusion. The war is by no means over, but the little battles are important to the overall victory. Keep fighting!

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 11:02 AM
Kathie said:

Dear Tammy and Bryce,

Those gorgeous photos will haunt me forever. There is raw emotion pouring out from them, the love between you and for your daughter palpable. I pray for a miracle for you every day and will continue to do so. Tammy, thank you so much for taking the time to keep us all informed on how Bryce is doing. Having been a caregiver myself I know how hard it is to find two minutes to yourself. Bryce, keep up the fight even though I know it's got to be the hardest thing you've ever done. You two are simply amazing and you deserve only the best. Stay strong.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Jamie said:

What amazing pictures! They are full of beauty and love. Your little Dani is a doll- I just want to snuggle her and kiss her sweet cheeks! Did you say that there was a news story about Bryce? If so, I missed it and would really like to search it out and download it. Could you tell me what station it was on and when? You know my email. You two continue to amaze me with your strength and courage. Hang in there and know that there are so many who love and pray for you daily.
Jamie

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 12:35 PM
Jenny G said:

Hi Brown family- Your pictures are perfect treasures. They captued a beautiful family and you can just see the love and adoration you all have for one another. I think Dani might be sneaking into the treat bin. I want to come over and twink her cute little thighs!!
It sounds like spirits are high at your house. I hope things keep on the up and up. Thanks again for sharing your stories and your pictures- We are all in this together. Love the Grays

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
The photos are beautiful and capture so much love. What a wonderful day we live in where memories can be captured and enjoyed for years and years. What a wonderful gift to be given, and what a great use of talent.

We continue to pray for the miracle. We continue to pray for your family. You're now also being prayed for in Monticello and Jordan Utah, Houston Texas, and Hallifax Nova Scotia Canada.
Love always,

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Anonymous said:

Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures. Tammy, I too, think that you are amazing. I so appreciate you sharing with all of us who are interested in your family.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 1:48 PM
Rhonda said:

Jessie captured your true essence! What a magnificent gift. The pictures truly are exquisite, something to hold onto forever. Dani is the heart and soul of your family. Tammy, your eternity ring is beautiful. Bryce you are a romantic! - YOU DID GOOD!!! How meaningful and wonderfully poignant. I applaud you both for being so in tune and in sync with each other and believing and standing up for each other. There is no greater love than what is shared between you and together you are a united fortress. Love is what it's all about and you are shouting it to the world! Love is the key to our existence and also the key to healing all things. Love changes things. Look what has happened with all the love circling the world and being sent to you and for you. Lives have improved because of your love. It is the most powerful energy there is.
I look forward to my weekly visits with you and am revived when I leave and hope you have energy left for others. I would love to do some work for you, make a list and I would be honored to check off something for you.
Everyone feels the same just let us know what we can do to help you. I want to bring nothing but good vibes for you. Bryce you are such a rock. When we are talking I do not think of you as being ill. It's just not there, even though we have talked about it at length. I believe in you. I believe angels are singing praises to both of you. You have created so much love and good will for the rest of us. I am grateful beyond words.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:07 PM

Tammy and Bryce,

We continue to pray for your family. It is our hope that all of the "little things" add up to a magnificent miracle.

I am amazed at the way you were both able to "be in the moment" for those pictures and put melasuckanoma aside to enjoy each other. I am awed again at the clarity you both possess in such a trying time. What nobility!

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:38 PM
Aunt Barbara Stevens said:

Wow!!! That was the best movie I've seen in a long time. My favorite kind--a true Romance movie. I tried not to cry. I fought it as long as I could, but then there was no stopping it. You're right--Jessie is a wonderful photographer. She captured the love you have for each other in every shot. It helps to have beautiful subjects to work with, too. Tammy, you are so gorgeous,and Dani is so adorable and Bryce is Hot! Keep on fighting the fight, and I'm still praying for you all. You are very inspiring. I love you all so much. Love, Aunt Barbara

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Suzie Sellers said:

We have been keeping up with your blog since the beginning. I probably should have sent a little shout out before now, but better late than never I guess. We are praying for you every day. You are in our thoughts and we want you to know that our hope is alive and well because of your faith and example. I am so impressed with the love that you share. You are an amazing example to me. We are wearing our bracelets and praying every day! P.S. Your pictures are awesome!

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 3:52 PM
Nathan Sellers said:

Tammy and Bryce,
The pictures are very heartwarming and make me think about the preciousness of life and of love. Your circumstances inspire me to respect life and love more fully. We continue to pray for you every day.

Nathan and Suzie

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Uncle Robbie said:

Tammy, Bryce, and My Sweet Little Dani,What an awesome weekend I had visiting your ETERNAL FAMILY and what a rare opportunity to meet real courage and real heroes, and heroes you will ever be in my heart! I too can hardly wait to see all of you again. Thank you for allowing me the chance, and the all to rare gift of seeing real love, unfettered love, ETERNAL LOVE. Talk to you later and as always, you are ALL in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting the good fight!! Love from Uncle Robbie

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 4:07 PM

I'm speechless. What an amazing talent that photographer has. She managed to capture your souls in those images! It made me smile to see that Bryce looks so great, inspite of the hell he's going through. It's clear that he is being well taken care of.

Much love,
~Christy (Avis)

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 5:07 PM
Holly said:

Those pictures are awesome! Why did I have to put on mascara today??? Dani is so cute I seriously want to eat her up. You guys all look so good and happy together. Such an awesome family shouldn't have to deal with all this BS! You guys truly embrace the motto of Bill & Ted: be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Although the "party on" part is a lot harder now, you guys still rock.

Holly

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 5:33 PM
Jane said:

Tammy & Bryce

What a gorgous gift to have such wonderful pictures taken. It is so evident the love that is shared. I pray everyday for the tides to turn in your favor.
I am sorry for all that you are going through, you Bryce are a true warrior
and I pray that the battle will be won
Big hugs for you both and your beautiful baby!
Jane~ OSS

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 6:24 PM
Shawnee said:

Tammy and Bryce,

Our cheeks are quite soggy after watching the most beautiful, touching slide show ever...twice! So much unconditional love, tenderness and devotion is rarely seen. Dani is so gorgeous...a minnie Tams! Bryce, if you felt as good as you looked you'd be running a marathon (and modeling for GQ)...we keep praying for that. I'm so happy that you were finally able to visit with Rob and Kathleen. Aren't they a wonderful hoot!?

Tammy, if an alternative therapy doesn't hurt...then try it! We have found some success doing this during Shayla's recovery journey.

Kudos to Jessi Amazing Stringham for such a beautiful gift of love, and to the great golf "pros".

You two have unleashed a TIDAL WAVE OF CHARITY that will be payed forward forever! Bless you!You will always be stamped in our hearts.

Love, Aunt Shawnee

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 7:40 PM
kimberly Tillotson said:

Hey Bryce & Tammy,
I am so glad you have so many people to help & take care of you. I just wanted you to know we are still thinking about you and praying for the miracle that is coming. We have to have the faith first right... We love you!
Tillotson Family

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:15 PM
Kristen Touslee said:

Tammy and Bryce~

What BEAUTIFUL pictures!! I only know you guys through your posts, I have tears in my eyes after looking through them. You will cherish these pictures for years and years to come.

Thank you for keeping your posts updated. I check every evening for a new post and look forward to reading them. I send positive thoughts your way constantly!!!! Keep up the fight Bryce!

Kristen Touslee
(mpip bulletin)

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Wendy Lakey said:

Tammy, Bryce, and Dani,
Thank you for showing me how to love. I hope I can take even a small portion of your lesson and pass it on to my family. My heart feels like it's going to explode after watching your video. I love you. Aunt Wendy

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Sandee said:

The pictures are amazing & so is your family :)

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Roni said:

WOW. I have to say I am completely speechless. That was amazing. I am typing this while tears roll down my cheeks. I really dont know what to say other than I love you guys. We pray daily for your family. I just wish I could help in some way. Please know I am here and I can help. I think of you all everyday. I will call soon.

Love ya!

Roni

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 at 11:27 PM
Nikki said:

I loved the pictures. I enjoyed seeing all of you and especially Dani. She seems quite taken with Bryce in many of the photos. I'm still at a loss for words pertaining to your situation. Your strength to endure this challenge astounds me. I know you have and will continue to touch many lives. The ripples will never cease. Lots of love!
Nikki

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 1:57 AM
Brenda said:

Words can't describe. All I can say is INCREDIBLE!! Thanks for being an inspiration to me and so many others.
YOU ARE THE 1%.
love

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 5:41 AM
Suzan said:

I loved the pictures. She is a awesome. I wish she was in Atlanta. I think Dani looks like her Daddy. She is so cute. Lots os love.

Suzan

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 7:58 AM
Dave said:

I've been away for a few days visiting with family, so missed the last few posts. I am late for work again because I got all engrossed in the updates and pictures. Oh well. It was worth it and will always be worth it. I have to make this one quick, but wanted to let you know I love you guys. The pictures are amazing! I'm sorry I missed the golf tournament. My father got me a set of private golf lessons last year for my birthday, and I just got around to redeeming them last month. The lessons improved my game significantly... which means I can now look forward to playing the majority of my round on the fairway that I am playing instad of chasing other players off the neighboring fairways with the amazing and truly unique shots I typically make. I am one of few people I know who actually finishes a round with more golf balls than I started with. Why? Because I spend so much time in the woods and poison ivy looking for my ball, I usually find 2 or 3 more in the process. I never said I ever finished a round with the ball I started with... and certainly not a ball that I brought to the golf course. So, any improvement in my game is a significant improvement.

Keep eating and keep your strength up. The more strength you gather and use for yourself is less that you're giving to Mela-SUCKA. Love you guys!

-Dave

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 8:32 AM
Susan w said:

Wow! The pictures say a millon words!!! I as everyone else had tears as I watched the slide.Thank You so much for sharing your family. Bryce I am happy to hear things are going ok for you.Miss you.. work is so quiet without you hear. Hurry Back...Thinking of you always.

Susan w

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 10:19 AM
Amy (Nic) said:

Those pictures are beautiful. What a great gift! I had to turn the music off to keep me from turning into a huge bawling mess! What a wonderful family you are!

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 10:21 AM
Kristi Lee said:

The pictures are priceless. I just talked to a friend I hadn't talked to in years. She has been following your website. She said, "That family is amazing. We pray for them every day." We spoke about how if we were in your position, we would probably stop answering the door and phones after a point. It must be overwhelming sometimes. That's what makes you guys so amazing. Amidst all of this, you are so welcoming to everyone and constantly "take" visitors and calls. Tammy, you and Bryce are something else....definitely not from this world. Your strength and ENDURANCE through all of this is beyond inspiring.

Tammy, thanks for being 1 of 3 people who make comments on my blog. I love you girl. You are so dang fun and funky. There is so much positive energy emanating from this website. So many people are praying for you guys. I believe in miracles. Bryce, you are the 1%.

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 10:51 AM
Christi said:

You two have touched and inspired so many people. You have reached in and touched my heart and soul and helped remind me what is so very important in our lifes. I realize how very fragile our lifes our from moment to moment. We have to hang on so tightly to what is important. Thank you for your inspiration, your faith, your hope and determination! There are not words available for how you, Bryce and precious little Dani have touched my life. I will continue to pray for a miracle!

The photos were so very precious and beautiful!
Thank you Tammy for sharing with us.

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
You're now being prayed for in Memphis Tennessee, Lubbock Texas, Detroit Michigan, and Mt. Timpangoes, and in our home.

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 2:42 PM
Annie said:

I met you for just a few short minutes and thought how lovely you were and your smile and laughter was extrodinary. I think your thoughts and insights and love for your family shines through in your notes and messages. But also your courage and optimisim.

I am Matt's Mother. I feel so lucky to have meet you and now you have let me peek into your life. I went to your family photos and the tears are running down my face at the beautiful love you all express. My prayers and wishes go out to you, Bryce and Danni. How lucky I am to have met you.

With love and lot's of salt.

Annie

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 3:13 PM
Elaine Miles said:

Bryce, Tammy, and Dani,

I saw the pictures yesterday, shortly after you posted them, but by the time I finished, I was such a blubbering fool that I couldn't respond to them so I waited until today. I'm always amazed at the talents of really good photographers who are able to capture the true essence of love, as Jessi did with you. They are just beautiful.

We're still praying for you and hoping you're the 1%. We love you so much!

Aunt Elaine

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 7:10 PM

I have to start out by saying Bryce I love the photo of you standing there with your oxygen tank. It reminds me of the "Got Milk?" Ads only your pic could read "Got Oxygen?" I love all the photos and as an avid scrapbooker looking at the slide show my head was filled with so many layouts!! I "oowweeddd' and "aawweeedd" and then smiled and cried and just felt even more closer to you and Tammy than I did yesterday and the day before and the day before that.
Okay so for the next part... you wanted to laugh right??? I have been racking my brain for over a week now and let me tell you Bryce I have a HUGE headache from thinking so hard about how to make you laugh. I asked the little boy next door for a joke to make you laugh and he gave me this one are you ready??? Here it goes....
What did the farmer say when he found 3 ducks in his mailbox???
Bills, Bills,Bills
Okay one more and then I have a special something for you and all of your blog fans...
What kind of dog likes an air conditioner???
A hotdog !!!
Okay.. so now here is my special something for you and Tammy and all the fans of this AMAZING blog. You must all make sure the sound is turned on to listen to this and Please people.. Make sure your bladders are EMPTY I nearly had an unfortunate accident because the person that sent this to me had not given me a warning about how funny this clip really was.
Okay here we go...I so hope this works

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM
Melanie said:

Hey, "most loved and prayed for family in the world"...
You guys look terrific!! How photogenic you are-especially for someone who's only put makeup on 5 times in the past 3 months! Bryce, I was amazed at the stamina you had to take all those photos. Jessi, I must echo the previous remarks--you truly were able to show all the rest of us the deep love contained in that family. Thank you for your heart-felt gift.
Rob and Kath came home with such great stories of their time there this past weekend. Sure wish I could have been with them and smoothered you all with hugs and kisses. Glad you were able to put the salt to good use. Now, find those ol' cancer slugs and pour the rest on them!
You now how much I love you all and plead for God's choices blessings to be poured out upon you. Sometimes I just don't understand it all...I'm still struggling with Shayla and Bryan's horror. If I only had a Gennie to grant me 3 wishes...
Consider yourselves hugged and 'all loved up'!
Aunt Melanie

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 7:36 PM
Andy and Lisa Johnson (aunt elaines daughter) said:

Dear Bryce, Tammy, and Dani,

We appreciate all your comments and everything that you write. It has really touched us. Although I don't know you guys that well and Andy has never met you, we feel very close to you. Ya'll are constantly in our prayers and we think about you frequently. If there is one thing that we have learned in our lives, it is that our Father in Heaven knows us, loves us and is a God of miracles. Keep the faith and keep fighting. Thank you for all that you have taught us.

With love,

your cousin Lisa and Andy Johnson

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 9:57 PM
DeAnne & Spencer Heninger said:

Brown Family,
Remember us?? I think we were your favorite neighbors. hehe. We just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything we can do let us know. Bryce, thanks for always smiling.
DeAnne & Spencer

On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 11:30 PM
Rhonda said:

I just had to 'comment' on Christine's 'comment'. I laughed until I was crying. Oh my gosh - If you haven't taken a minute to watch it, you are missing out on a good time! This place is really becoming a hangout. Just love you all. Prayers and wonderful thoughts are being sent to you and for you.

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 12:39 AM
Donna Regen (mom to Jaime, MPIP angel) said:

I think about you guys so much and wonder how you are doing. The one thing that I really wish we had done when our daughter Jaime was still alive was have a family portrait taken, although it always seemed too difficult to get everyone together at one time and in one place. And now it is too late. So I think the gift of having a professional photographer come out and take photos is the best idea yet. And years from now, you can look at the photos together and remember what a rough road it was -- but you beat it. The cast of your hands together was another extremely thoughtful thing to do for you. You have great friends and wonderful support. Stay strong and hold on to hope.

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 8:20 AM
Drew said:

Bryce and Tammy,
Reading your site certainly brings the reader back to reality and what it is all really about. You can feel the love that oozes from your diary for each other and all those around you. It is heartwarming to see that these feelings still exist in this crazy world. Life is so busy that you forget to take the time to experience and feel those feelings like you should. Its just to bad that it takes a tough journey like this to bring out what we all hold and hide in ourselves until something like this brings it out. Reading your site melts the hard covering we build over ourselves to sheild us from the world, but that also keeps in these feelings and keeps us from sharing them with others as we should. I feel so helpless and inadequate in these situations, and don't know what to say or do to help, so most of the time I do nothing and regret it. I admire you both for your strength and fortitude and courage as you go through this ordeal. You are a great example of what we all should be and how we should act, yet don't. My familys heart goes out to you, you are in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure that for all you do and have become, the Lord will bless you in one way or another to repay you for enriching others lives and showing us the way. If Grandpa Brown was still around, I am sure he would tell Granny, "Oh Hell Fern, the boy is tough enough to kick this thing!". He always said it like it was. Our best to you Bryce and Tammy!!!
Drew, Debby and Family

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 8:44 AM
Chad Cleverly said:

Bryce and Tammy,

It has been a long time since either Melissa or I have spoken to you. We recently became aware of your situation. We have poured over your blog and are touched by the closeness and love that the two of you share. You have a beautiful family. You have a very stong support network and are loved by so many people. If anyone can beat this it is you Bryce. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting. You can and will beat this.

Chad and Melissa

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 10:02 AM
Steff said:

Hey guys- I hope everything goes well with the transfusion today. If it goes like the other ones, B-Town should be feeling like a million bucks tomorrow! Nic and I think this YouTube clip is hillarious. Be careful what you say around children! They're total parrots! ENJOY!

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Tammy and Bryce,
I just want you both to know I have been praying and thinking about you both!!! Last night I was up all night with a really bad migrane and my thoughts were with you both. I finally was able to fall asleep at 5 this morning. I know some may wonder why I would post a link to such a funny video on your blog .... when I read in one of your post how you described how Bryce was before this disease the man in this video seemed to reflect that. Tammy I feel like I have grown so close to both you and Bryce since that very first phone call. We have shared laughter and tears and I call you friend. I look at those pictures and see 3 people that I feel I have known for a lifetime (you,Bryce and Dani). I feel such deep sorrow for what you both are going through. Please know that I love you both so very much!!
Your Friend,
Christine

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 1:36 PM
Carrie said:

Hi Tammy.

I'm an acquaintance / online friend of Jessi's. She did an incredible job. Your family is so beautiful!!

Jessi shared your link on my friend Julie's blog (www.lyonsfamily.org). Our friends Brendan and Julie are in a similar situation. Julie was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma a year ago. Things have gotten pretty rough in the last month. She is 35, and they have three young children (ages 6, 4, 1).

Coincidentally, on Monday, Kim, a photographer friend of mine (who Jessi knows!) is flying down here to take pictures of my friends' family! I can't wait to see the results! I'm sure they'll be gorgeous, just like yours.

I am now adding your family to my thoughts and prayers. We know personally how difficult this can be. Praying for much comfort and strength...

- Carrie

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 1:53 PM
justin said:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say hello again. Your photo's are awesome!! Sounds like the golf tournament was a resounding success. The thing that struck me most about today's blog was your mention of the kindly stranger's nutritional supplement "in which he truly believes". I have no doubt that his supplement works for him...and precisely because of that belief. We truly cannot begin to grasp the infinite power of our own thoughts and beliefs. I am sure that is the reason that you are being so successful in your cancer fight, not to mention being such an inspiration to such a diverse group of people (which apparently includes everything from nutrition nuts to golf junkies. lol) and providing such encouragement...it's because you believe you can win. Hang on to that thought.

The victory circle does not always look like we expected it to, but we are victors and heroes nonetheless.

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM
Sondra Cornia said:

Dear Tammy and Bryce:

God bless your family and know that you are in my prayers. Keep fighting!

On Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 4:00 PM
Sally McWain said:

Tammy & Bryce,
I ran across a story that I had kept in my documents today and wanted to share it with you...I won't send the whole thing, but in essence it talks about a mother bird who had died in a forest fire in Yellowstone and how when the ranger ran onto it three little chicks scurried out from under her feathers. It talks about the love of a mother (and/or father) and how they would do anything to protect their little ones. (I'm sure you both know that feeling with little Dani). It goes on to compare this to God's love for us and quotes Psalms 91:4 "He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge".

What a beautiful and comforting thought. When days, hours, minutes are stressful or discouraging, allow yourself to find refuge under His wings and he will protect you.

I love you all.
Sally

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 7:23 AM
Richard LeVitre said:

Thanks for letting me share some moments. I hope the transfusion yesterday went smoothly and that you feel more energized today (10/12) Bryce! Your goal for next week is awesome and I am praying you will be able to make it happen. I can't believe how positive you both are - keep it up! You have done so much good for everyone who is out there getting involved with your inspiring story! I know I am better for following your heroic struggle. Love, Ann

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM
Mindianne Toomb said:

Tammy & Bryce,
I just wanted to tell you what a beautiful family you are. The pictures were truly amazing!! Your story has been an inspiration to us. I have a redheaded brother on a mission in Mesa, Arizona. I told him he had better wear sunscreen. He promised he would. He is praying for you too!! You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers. When we're done being sick at our house, I will come get Dani for a play date. (I promise :0) ) Keep fighting!! You two are amazing!!
Mindianne Toomb

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Megan Wooden said:

Bryce,

I can't tell you how pleased I am to see what an amazing support system you have! That is so important in your fight!! And I should know - I am a stage 4 metastatic melanoma cancer survivor. Yep, you heard that right! Two years ago, at age 31, I was given less than a year to live and today there are no signs of cancer in my body.
I have never met you (yet, I am hoping). My sister-in-law is a friend of Paige Fabrizio. She told me about you and your site. Reading your story really hits home! We have many similarities.
Hope has tremendous power! I remember saying to myself after I had learned that my melanoma had progressed to stage 4 that I didn't care what doctors or anyone else said! Cancer didn't work for me! And I was going to do everything possible to stick around for my husband and 4 young children.
I have done some traditional and many un-traditional things to stick around, but they have worked. I would love to sit down or talk with you or you family and share what I have learned & done! I am absolutely committed to doing whatever I can to assist you in being here in November... and longer! If you are interested in speaking to me, my e-mail address is megan.wooden@autoliv.com.
Please remember that our trials are here not to beat us down but to lift us (and our families) to higher levels! Have faith that you are exactly where you should be in life! Everything is in perfect order! And Families are Absolutely Forever!!!!!
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Megan Wooden

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 12:42 PM
aunt susan said:

Tammy, Bryce and Dani,

This morning I loved catching up with the blog. My left eye has been out of comission for the past few weeks, but things are looking up.

The jessistringham.com/brown album is remarkable! What a beautiful definition of LOVE, faith and hope!!! You have taught us so much through your example.

Love, faith and grit are powerful! You both have them all. You are always in our prayers! Thanks for keeping me on my knees.

Prayers of thanks!!! Real HOPE!!!

Always, S&K

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
Louisville Kentucky, Columbus Ohio, and Edmonton Alberta have been added to the places praying for you. We love you, and you are in all our prayers,

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Tammy, Bryce and Dani-

What wonderful pictures! They are so gorgeous and full of love and emotion. These pictures will mean so much to all of you now and forever. Thank you for sharing them with us. Stay strong, keep smiling at each other. Remember that the Lord is with you, and so are millions of prayers! We think of you daily and continue to pray for your miracle. You are deeply loved!!

D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not"

-Brittani & Stephen Martin

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Stephanie said:

I came across your website by way of your photos taken by Jessi. I follow her blog because I absolutely love her photos! Anyhow, I came to your website and have enjoyed reading about your life and past few months. I wish you all the best and hope nothing but good things for you. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to follow your battle with cancer. Stay strong and be that 1%.... Take Care

On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 7:08 PM
Nono Khosa said:

Bryce,Tammy and Dani,
Jessi captured the essence of your relationship. Awesome pictures. Kudos to Bryce for getting the stamina for the photo shoot. I loved the "Man on the Moon" of Bryce with O2 tank and all. May you have more oppurtunities to get pictures. Don't ever loose faith, the miracle is on it's way.
God Bless you all!!

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 1:54 AM
Elizabeth Brooks said:

Hello,
As a total stranger, half a world away I wanted to say "thank you" to you both for allowing people to share your journey thru this blog. Like everybody else I truely hope you guys are the 1%. Your strength and love for each other is inspirational. All my very best wishes for fighting the good fight.
Elizabeth Brooks - Qld Australia

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 4:26 AM
JL Stayner said:

Bryce, Tammy and Dani
I am a longtime viewer - first time commenter. I want to let you know how loved your family is. Bryce your courage is amazing...keep at it. You are in our prayers. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your beautiful family with us.
JL

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 11:05 AM
Leslie Snavely said:

These photos are just beautiful. What a show of your love.
Leslie

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 11:44 AM
Elaine Miles said:

Bryce, Tammy, and Dani,

I was just thinking about your wonderful pictures. So much has been said to, and about, Jessi for the way she captured the love you all share. For that, we are grateful for her talents. However, I want to thank the Steadmans for their fantastic gift to you for sending Jessi to your home. Without their thoughtfulness and caring and love for you, this would not have happened. So, to the Steadmans, a big THANK YOU from all of us who love and adore the Brown family.

Bryce, you are the 1%, and all of us are the 99% who love you and are praying for you constantly. Love you much.

Elaine

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 12:38 PM
R Jean Addams said:

Hello Bryce and Tammy
I want you to know that I keep up on your progress! We pray for you night and day. I talk to your dad every week or so and get a personal update. Your tenacity is certainly your strength and will continue to be so. I read the blog when I get a chance and Tammy does a superhuman job.
I have often thought about the king salmon you caught in Alaska those many years ago when you went with your dad to the Tal lodge. Our company used the famous "Bryce photo' for years in advertisements. Sorry no royalties.
May the Lord continue to bless you and help you through this difficult time. You will win.
Sincerely,
R. Jean Addams

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM
P Herrin said:

Tammy, your pictures are beautiful. What a treasure. I feel impressed to pass along this email I received from a friend in Alabama. It's so good.

Praise God for the Thorns

This was Thanksgiving week and the time she should have delivered their
infant son. She grieved over their loss. Troubles had multiplied. Her
husband's =company "threatened" to transfer his job to a new location. Her
sister had called to say that she could not come for her long awaited
holiday visit. What's worse, Sandra's friend suggested that Sandra's
grief was a God-given path to maturity that would allow her to empathize
with others who suffer. "She has no idea what I'm feeling," thought
Sandra with a shudder. "Thanksgiving? Thankful for what?" she wondered.
"For a careless driver whose truck was hardly scratched when he
rear-ended her? For an airbag that saved her life, but took her
child's?""Good afternoon, can I help you?" Sandra was startled by the
approach of the shop clerk. "I. . ...I need an arrangement," stammered
Sandra. "For Thanksgiving? I'm convinced that flowers tell stories," she
continued. "Are you looking for something that conveys 'gratitude' this
Thanksgiving?" "Not exactly!" Sandra blurted out. "In the last five
months, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong." Sandra regretted
her outburst, and was surprised when the clerk said, "I have the perfect
arrangement for you."Then the bell on the door rang, and the clerk
greeted the new customer, "Hi, Barbara, let me get your order." She
excused herself and walked back to a small workroom, then quickly
reappeared, carrying an arrangement of greenery, bows, and what appeared
to be long-stemmed thorny roses. Except the ends of the rose stems were
neatly snipped: there were no flowers. "Do you want these in a box?"
asked the clerk. Sandra watched was this a joke? Who would want rose
stems with no flowers! She waited for laughter, but neither woman
laughed. "Yes, please," Barbara replied with an appreciative smile.
"You'd think after three years of getting the special, I wouldn't be so
moved by its significance, but I can feel it right here, all over again,"
she said, as she gently tapped her chest. Sandra stammered, "Ah, that
lady just left with, uh. . .She left with no flowers!" "That's right,
said the clerk. "I cut off the flowers. That's the 'Special.' I call it
the Thanksgiving Thorns Bouquet. Barbara came into the shop three years
ago, feeling much as you do today," explained the clerk. "She thought she
had very little to be thankful for. She had just lost her father to
cancer; the family business was failing; her son had gotten into drugs;
and she was facing major surgery." "That same year I had lost my
husband," continued the clerk. "For the first time in my life, I had to
spend the holidays alone. I had no children, no husband, no family
nearby, and too much debt to allow any travel." "So what did you do?"
asked Sandra. "I learned to be thankful for thorns," answered the clerk
quietly. "I've always thanked God for the good things in my life and I
never questioned Him why those good things happened to me, but when the
bad stuff hit, I cried out, "Why? Why me?!" It took time for me to learn
that the dark times are important to our faith! I have always enjoyed the
'flowers' of my life, but it took the thorns to show me the beauty of
God's comfort! You know, the Bible says that God comforts us when we're
afflicted, and from His consolation we learn to comfort others." Sandra
sucked in her breath, as she thought about what her friend had tried to
tell her. "I guess the truth is I don't want comfort. I've lost a baby
and I'm angry with God." Just then someone else walked in the shop. "Hey,
Phil!" the clerk greeted the balding, rotund man. "My wife sent me in to
get our usual Thanksgiving arrangement. . .twelve thorny, long-stemmed
stems!" laughed Phil as the clerk handed him a tissue wrapped arrangement
from the refrigerator. "Those are for your wife?" asked Sandra
incredulously. "Do you mind telling ling me why she wants a bouquet that
looks like that?" "Four years ago, my wife and I nearly divorced," Phil
replied. "After forty years, we were in a real mess, but with the Lord's
grace and guidance, we trudged through problem after problem. The Lord
rescued our marriage. Jenny here (the clerk) told me she kept a vase of
rose stems to remind her of what she had learned from "thorny" times.
That was good enough for me. I took home some of those stems. My wife and
I decided to label each one for a specific "problem" and give thanks for
what that problem taught us." As Phil paid the clerk, he said to Sandra,
"I highly recommend the Special.""I don't know if I can be thankful for
the thorns in my life." Sandra said to the clerk. "It's all too.
.fresh." "Well," the clerk replied carefully, "my experience has shown
me
that the thorns make the roses more precious. We treasure God' s
providential care more during trouble than at any other time. Remember
that it was a crown of thorns that Jesus wore so we might know His love.
Don't resent the thorns."Tears rolled down Sandra's cheeks. For the first
time since the accident, she loosened her grip on her resentment. "I'll
take those twelve long-stemmed thorns, please," she managed to choke out.
"I hoped you would," said the clerk gently. "I'll have them ready in a
minute." "Thank you. What do I owe you?" "Nothing. Nothing but a
promise
to allow God to heal your heart. The first year's arrangement is always
on me." The clerk smiled and handed a card to Sandra. "I'll attach this
card to your arrangement, but maybe you would like to read it first." It
read: My God, I have never thanked You for my thorns. I have thanked You
a thousand times for my roses, but never once for my thorns. Teach me the
glory of the cross I bear; teach me the value of my thorns. Show me that
I have climbed closer to You along the path of pain. Show me that,
through my tears, the colors of Your rainbow look much more brilliant."
Praise Him for the roses; thank Him for the thorns. God Bless all of you.
Be thankful for all that the Lord does for you."Live simply, love
generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God."

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 8:32 PM
Matt & Katie Clark said:

Just wanted to say a quick hello and let you know that we are thinking about you and praying for you always. We are truly inspired by your strength and courage. We love you and wish you the best!

Matt & Katie Clark

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 9:28 PM
Rachel said:

Hi I came across your website from a link on lyonsfamily.org. I know what a horrible disease melanoma is. My husband is also battling Stage IV melanoma. He was diagnosed in May, 2006. We have two sons, 13 and 9. I met Julie and her husband (lyonsfamily.org)at a support group meeting last year in Houston.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 11:14 PM
Josh Tillotson said:

Hey Bryce & Tammy

How are you guys doing? It has been some years now since I have seen you two. We went to Mikado together over by your house. It was a kind of a rainy and chilly evening and I made us all stop to look at that yellow 1979 Cadillac that Kim bought for me. You guys were so patient with me. We then went to your house and on the way inside, saw the porsche in the garage. Do you still have it? I believe you said Tammy bought it for you. I remember we stayed to chat a while. We talked about the restaurant supply place...Was it Bintz? I found it really easy to let my guard down around Bryce because he was down to earth and was without pretense (that's a compliment). Anyway, Kim and I were loving your kitchen table that you had wrapped in stainless steel. It was good to get to know you both a little better than before because I had always heard everything from Kim. Tammy, she still tells me that you have been her best boss!!

Kim keeps me up to date on how you guys are doing from the website that she reads religously! She always tell me that she wishes she could do something to help. Your pictures are beautiful and your woman-child is so cute! :)

My heart is with all three of you! Kim and I pray for you and hope for nothing but the best. Bryce hang in there. Tammy you too! I wish I could write better and convey smiles and sunshine through my writing but, I know my limits. :) Just remember that there are many more people rooting for you than those who have made posts to your blog. Tammy get some sleep!! Kim tells me you are up the whole night and stuff. Take care you guys.

Sincerely,
Josh

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 2:02 AM
Kory & Diane Sellers said:

Dear Bryce and Tammy,

As I listened to the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference, I was struck by a comment that was made by Elder Snow, of the Seventy. He was speaking of his mother who had died of cancer. He said that through this experience, he learned that cancer was "a disease of love". When I first heard him say this, I though that we was a little morbid! But then I got to thinking about your experience with cancer. Yes, there has been an relentless amount of heartache and sorrow, but there has also be an unmistakable outpouring of love. It is unfortunate that a tragic experience such as cancer is required before we, as friends and relatives, show forth our true love and care for one another. However, this experience has undeniably helped your family to grow closer, and for your many, many wonderful friends and relatives to open their hearts to you. They have given of themselves in so many awesome ways, through giving blood, holding golf tournaments, taking pictures, creating blogs, babysitting, ...the list goes on and on. Completely giving, sharing, loving...all Christ-like attributes that we all should have and use for others.

Bryce and Tammy, your unwavering love and care for each other is a wonderful lesson and example for us all. Bryce, cancer sure sucks, but if there is anything positive that has come from this, it is that we have all learned that it is indeed a "disease of love".

We love you tons and pray for your recovery daily.

Uncle Kory & Aunt Diane
Cousins Jeremy, Brandon, Joshua, Benjamin

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 10:25 AM
Brenda O. said:

Just a quick note to let you know we are thinking of you. Especially on this sunday, our fast sunday. Keep thinking good thoughts. We love you!
brenda and lance

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 4:11 PM
Dan Maye said:

Hi Tam & Big B...

Leaving church this morning Pastor Russ asked about the 2 of you. He send his regards and hopes you know you're in his daily prayers.

I enjoyed getting caught up on your blog. I've been doing a lot of work-related travel for the past 4 or 5 weeks and haven't been able to keep as up-to-date as I like.

Although I've not had the pleasure of knowing Bryce for a long time, what I have learned of him is that he's strong and a fighter...I'm pleased to see those character traits are keeping him positive, focused and driven to be the "1%"!!

Not a day passes that I don't think of you both.

-dan-

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 4:42 PM
Katie and Josh said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy and Dani,

We just wanted you to know that we were thinking of you and wished there were something we could do for you. We are exercising much faith and hope with you, and continue to pray. Not a week goes by in primary that one of the prayers (by the kids) doesn't mention you. Know that the best people in the world are praying for you (every primary member in the Val Verda 9th ward). Our program theme this year is "I'll Follow Him In Faith". Since I don't think you'll get to hear from them next week in their program, you should at least know that these kids have so much faith in their Savior and they are praying for you. I love to come to church and see such an abundance of orange bracelets on your behalf. (By the way, even Patrick Dempsey was wearing an orange bracelet on Grey's Anatomy last week, and I couldn't help but think it was for you!!!!) Keep fighting. We love you as we get to know you through your posts. We'll always be praying!

Katie and Josh

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 5:24 PM
valerie roberts said:

you guys are such an adorable family and i love you so much. i was so excited to get my bracelet a week or so ago and i haven't taken it off since i got it and i don't plan on taking it off for a long time. good luck with all. you are on my mind constantly. Valerie Roberts

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 6:07 PM
Jill said:

Wow, what an amazing family! I'm a friend of Jessi's and found your site through her blog. I agree that she is great and an amazing photographer!
Your story has touched me deeply. I can't imagine what your little family is going through. I pray for you and pray for the best for you. My heart aches as I think about the challenges that you guys are going through. I feel lucky to have read your story and it makes me want to be a better person, to do more for others, to keep better relationships and not wait for a tragedy. Your strenght amazes me!
Please know that your precious family will be in my prayers. God bless you!

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 8:10 PM
Laura Omana said:

It's been a while since we've talked. You and Bryce sound so good and positive, it is inspiring. The pictures spoke a thousand words, absolutely moving. Tammy you look gorgeous! Bryce, your spirit of love shines through. Thank you for sharing them.
You are experiencing the miracle of God's love through the actions of others. How blessed you are. You are in my prayers. I know the thoughts and prayers of so many people are powerful.
love,
Laura

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 9:18 PM
Becky from MN said:

Tammy & Bryce -

I have been reading your blog and looking through all the pictures and am EXTREMELY encouraged by what I see and read!

It has been a long time since we talked on the phone, but you are never far from my thoughts and prayers.

The pictures are beautiful. We were supposed to do a family picture, but there was never a "good" time, and now I wish we would have had something.

The power of love is evident in your blog, pictures, and the posts of so many. May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Becky, wife of melanoma angel Brad 5-12-07

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 10:39 PM
Lori Johnson said:

Hi Tammy, Bryce & Dani,

Tammy you are an awesome person, and I saw evidence of that when I was in Utah last month and had lunch with you, your Mom, Steffani, Holly and of course Brooke,Camryn and Dani.

Bryce even though I have never had the opportunity to meet you from what Tammy says her family and all the messages left on this website I can tell that you are a tremendous person.

The pictures are really special and something to always treasure.

My prayers are with all of you, as well as several other people in Portland, Oregon are praying for you too.

Love , Lori Johnson

On Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 11:05 PM
Michelle McLean said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy-

Your pictures are beautiful. What a wonderful family you having. I hope things are going okay for all of you. I think and pray for you daily.

Michelle McLean

On Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Jennifer at UNYTS said:

Hey guys! Just wanted to drop by and wish you all well. The baby is soooo adorable! I love, love, love the slide show of pictures. I think I cried thru most of it. They are so beautiful! Bryce, your story gives me strength. I realize that you are going thur something that most of us can never fully understand and I admire your strength. You, Tammy, and that precious baby are in my thoughts. Take care,
Jennifer Arcovio at Unyts

On Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 7:55 PM
Paige Olsen Fabrizio said:

Tammy and Bryce,
I recently heard about your story. I didn't think my tear ducts held so many tears. Your story and love for one another and this journey has certainly touched me as well as many others. May God continue to watch over you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Paige Olsen Fabrizio