An Artist's Rendering

Bryce's Boys

eternity ring

Dani's bath

WE HAVE NOT GIVEN UP. I have been asked many times the past few days whether Bryce has given up, purely based on the fact that we have decided to involve hospice in Bryce’s healthcare. Hospice has connotations involving imminent death or surrendering to disease. Not true. Home health care nurses have been coming to our home each week to change Bryce’s dressings and take vitals, and this is no different. The hospice nurse will do the same thing, only monitor Bryce’s pain better (he’s in a lot of pain and has lost feeling in his leg) and assist our family with other aspects of this disease process. He is still on chemo, he is still fighting, and we still have hope. Dr. Isotope is still involved, Dr. Voldemort is on standby for lung-related issues, and I am spending the night shift searching for new treatments. While hoping for a miracle, we are also realists who understand the need for care beyond what I can give. I repeat—WE HAVE NOT GIVEN UP!

Most of you haven’t seen Bryce since this began, nor even met him. You also haven’t seen our home. Let me paint a picture…Bryce is a tall, big guy. He’s 6’4 and just BIG. Somebody from his work calls him “Doorway”, because he fills one. He’s happy, friendly, chatty (there are no uncomfortable silences with Bryce—he’ll talk your ear off), he makes friends instantly, has great teeth, truly cares about others, and has gotten angry with me once. He is hot all the time and keeps our home at a balmy 60 degrees (until Dani was born. Now it’s 70.). He LOVES Dani, and does the “Daddy Dance” where he holds her in front of him and lunges from side to side saying, “The Daddy Dance The Daddy Dance The DADDY. DANCE.” She giggles and smiles and loves her daddy. Bryce binges on things. His addictive personality leads him to focus solely on one thing, until something else completely replaces it. For instance, he binged on his car—he bought a street car and turned it into an autocross car. At the peak of his autocrossing, he fell in love with golf and sold his car. Golfgolfgolfgolf. We went to a movie, and during the climax of the film he leaned over and asked me whether he should get his clubs regripped. He has binged on reading, me, strawberry shortcake, and now Dani. He loves to be in the middle of the action. He loves fantasy novels, bottled water and dogs. He hates mowing the lawn (thanks, Nic!!!), mushrooms and vegetables. He adores me and treats me like his queen.

Bryce’s friends came over last night and shared some hilarious stories, and Bryce just sat there and smiled. He called it a night early and fell asleep instantly. This is the new Bryce. He is weak, tired, gaunt and quiet. He can’t pick up his baby. He gets out of bed to walk to the bathroom, and that’s about it. He is too tired to read, he can’t concentrate on the TV, and he doesn’t have the strength to do anything else. He sleeps. And sleeps. There are two oxygen concentrators in our bedroom floor that are the size of window AC units, and just as loud. The concentrators have 60 feet of tubing attached, which is snaked through our house and ends up on Bryce’s face. He carries a pack with him which contains IV fluids, which travel up his arm into his PICC line. I take care of the lines daily by flushing them with saline and heparin. A green bucket is next to the bed, which is full of medications. Next to that is the snack bin. A shower chair sits at the foot of the bed for visitors (I know, it’s pretty ghetto.). At the bottom of the stairs in the front room stand two R2D2 units, or what look like R2. They are huge liquid oxygen tanks, about 3 ½ feet high. They leak water all over the wood floor. Tubing is attached to these units and travels up the stairs, along with the other tubes. A face mask is at the other end, which Bryce wears at night. It delivers pure oxygen. Half a dozen green oxygen tanks (they look like SCUBA tanks) line the wall of the living room, some in carts, waiting for excursions to the doctor. When we do leave the house, it is a major project. We have to unhook Bryce’s IV lines to change his clothes, slowly walk downstairs, rest for a few minutes, change his oxygen from the concentrators to the green tanks, load the wheelchair and extra tanks into the car, and slowly walk Bryce, his IV pack, and oxygen tank to the car. This doesn’t include getting a baby ready. The trek is exhausting for Bryce. I’m not complaining, I’m illustrating.

The best part of the day is when we snuggle together during Dani’s morning nap and watch The Price is Right. Before and after that, I’m busy with the baby (she has been extremely clingy, wanting to be held ALL THE TIME—I wonder whether she senses something???), the house, calls for work, the visitors, and aspects of life that cannot be ignored. Bryce sleeps. Another highlight is at night after I put Dani to bed, when I read the comments from this website to him. He loves hearing the messages, and he loves hearing the names of the readers. Lately, the posts have dwindled—Bryce hears the few messages and says, “Is that it??” I implore each of you to keep sending messages to Bryce! Send him encouragement, send him jokes, send him memories, send him gossip, send him prayers! He doesn’t care whether you have Spellcheck or have something earth-shatteringly poignant to relay. He just needs to feel like he is still part of life, and he needs to feel like Bryce.

It hurts so much to see my big, strong, protective love of my life victimized so harshly by this disease. The role reversal from protected to protector has been hard, because I can see that Bryce wants so badly to scoop me into his arms and make the hurt go away. Guilt trips are normal, as I constantly remind myself to quit feeling sad and afraid because Bryce is suffering the most. I am also honored to be his caregiver, wife, and mother of his daughter. Please keep praying for Bryce! We need the prayers more than ever. Thanks to everyone who has decided to golf for Bryce this Friday, especially Bryce's friends who set up the tournament and the donations. We are humbled by this unsolicited act of friendship, support and love.

WEAR SUNBLOCK. GET YOUR ANNUAL PHYSICALS. ESCHEW TANNING BEDS. HELP US FIGHT THIS BATTLE AGAINST CANCER!!!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 5:22 AM
Jacob Young said:

Tammy and Bryce,

You guys are an inspiration to all of humanity! Keep the faith, We love you and pray for you daily, and wish there was more that we could do for you. I know this blog is a great journal for you BOTH and Dani to remember the ups and downs of your recovery thus far Bryce, but it is also a journal for all of us in our daily battles... too look to both of your examples of faith, hope and charity. May we ALL continue to remember these things that Bryce and Tammy have been showing us through this trial. Stay strong.

We love you guys.
Jacob and Morgan

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 5:47 AM
Alli said:

WOW what a great post! Hang in there Bryce & know that people are out here hoping and praying for a full recovery!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 5:47 AM
Dana said:

Hi Bryce -
Have been following your blog for a while now - somehow linked over from MPIP. You are brave and strong and an amazing warrior - This is a battle that no one should ever have to endure, however, you are fighting it with fervor, grace and dignity. God bless you.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:16 AM
katrina said:

hi bryce. hang in there. you don't know me, but i thought i should say hi. i've been following your story from pittsburgh.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:25 AM
sharon said:

GOOD MORNING BROWN FAMILY. AGAIN WE WANT TO SEND OUR WARMEST BEST WISHES TO YOUR WHOLE FAMILY FROM NORTH DAKOTA. I MENTIONED IT BEFORE BUT WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY YOU HAVE. I ALWAYS ENJOY LOOKING AT THE PICTURES AND ESPECIALLY ENJOYED THE LAST ONE OF BRYCE AND HIS BUDDIES. IT REMINDS ME OF OUR SON-IN-LAW, DAVE, WHO IS ALSO FIGHTING THIS BATTLE AND IS BEING SURROUNDED WITH LOVE AND HOPE FROM ALL HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. OH WHAT WE WOULDN'T DO TO SEE BRYCE AND DAVE OUT GOLFING. TAMMY, I BELIEVE YOU AND TARA HAVE EMAILED AND I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK THERE IS SOME COMFORT FOR BOTH OF YOU IN TALKING TO OTHERS WHO REALLY KNOW THE PAIN YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.
GOD BLESS YOUR PRECIOUS FAMILY AND WE'LL CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU IN OUR DAILY PRAYERS.
TARA'S MOM, SHARON

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:53 AM
Donna said:

Hi guys!

Just a note to let you know that you're thought of daily. I have a list of sites I check each morning and yours is at the top. Keep up the fight, Bryce! Miracles occur every day and a family from Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario, Canada is sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts, in the hope that you get your miracle! Keep us posted, Tammy.

Take care,

Donna :-)

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:56 AM
Meg said:

Tammy and Bryce (and families),

Ok, I give in. I'm one of the nameless, faceless strangers who have been following your battle for months. I am a regular on MPIP, and have been, even after my father lost his battle a few years ago.

I am awed by your strength, your love, and your courage during your fight. Your sense of humor in the dark moments is remarkable.

I hope you know that so many of us (that you do not know) are praying for you, praying for a miracle, praying for more time for Bryce to share with his wife and daughter and family.

With most sincere prayers for you and yours,

Meg

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:02 AM
Mikey said:

You 3 are so cool! You never cease to amaze me with your awesome strength, love and support for everyone. When we visited on Sunday I was still impressed at how special we were treated. With all that is going on and all that you are facing, you still have the where with all to be awesome hosts. Goldfish crackers were provided for our little girl, and when I told Bryce that I wished I could do the golf thing this Friday but just couldn't afford it, he was offering to pull strings to get me in. With all he going through, and he still finds th e strength and warmth to play host. WOW! I could only hope that were Teri and I going through a similar situation, we would even answer the door.

Bryce, you are hands down the coolest dude I know. Not once have I seen you bitter, angry, or play the "victom" through this while ordeal. That isn't to say that you may not feel that way. If those feelings are there, you hide them pretty good. I think that the "300" story still holds true with you. Even though the odds aren't in your favor, you still face this foe with as much grace, dignity, and courage as you can muster. Again, I have to say WOW! When this battle is over, regardless of who comes out the Victor(I'm still routing for you), I have to say "Well Done"!

Tammy, you have been no less impressive. I can't imagine going through what you do day in and day out. All the emotions, trials, and worries, yet you still find the strength to clean the house, and all the other tasks involved with running a household. Not to mention being an awesome mother. We miss you so much at work. Planning parties and such is not the same without you. We miss your warm smile, good attitude, and contageous laughter. Come back soon!

Dani,
You are getting cuter and bigger everytime I see you. Thanks for entertaining Annika when we visited you Sunday and for being the ray of light and blessing you are to your parents.

I gotta run, but keep the faith and NEVER GIVE UP! Love you guys,

Mikey

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:42 AM
Jennifer said:

I know you have no idea who I am . . but that's okay . . I'll pray for you anyway! I keep up with you daily and feel like I know you all.

Keep up the good fight. You've got TONS of people near and far surrounding you with support. It's obvious from this blog that you have a tremendous amount of people who love you dearly.

You daughter is absolutely BEAUTIFUL (as I'm sure you are well aware). I love hearing the "Dani" updates. Enjoy that lovely family of yours.

Take care!
Jennifer

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:46 AM
Kathleen said:

Good morning Tammy and Bryce!
What an awesome post. Bryce, look at all your friends...You are surrounded by a huge group of good looking men! That would make ME feel better for sure!!!! ha ha

After reading this and hearing all that you guys experience in a day I feel a little guilty for wanting to come visit, but I don't think your visitors will slow down if we don't come....so there it is---we are coming!

I'm glad to know that you are getting help from Hospice. You should have whatever help is available to make you guys more comfortable and better equipped to FIGHT. You are amazing, both of you. I hope you enjoy The Price Is Right today...be sure to sneak a few kisses during the commercials. XOXOXO

See you soon!
Kathleen

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:51 AM
Annette Mongold said:

Bryce, Tammy & Dani - what an amazing and loving family! Thanks for your blog and for sharing your life. It is a privilege to know you through this cyperspace connection Bryce, you are what I would hope my daughters would marry - a man full of love, respect and honor. A true example of fighting for what you love and it is so clear to see that you love your wife, your daughter, your family, friends and everything you touch. Many prayers are sent your way! Tammy your strength, love and determination sets an example of how I want to be. Thanks!
Annette

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:57 AM
Laura Tripp said:

Bryce and Tammy
Sometimes people don't know what to say through crisis or struggle. Sometimes people just need to know that they are thought of. I am sending you thoughts and prayers to you both and to let you know that you are thought of very often and nothing is impossible with God, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE...
Many many thoughts ate with you both..

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 8:06 AM
Leslie said:

What a beautiful post. Your family is always in my thoughts. I would love to just snap my fingers and make this go away for you. Unfortunately, I can't. But you guys are fighting the good fight. Keep it up. Hang in there, Bryce (you too, Tammy)!

Lots of love,
Leslie

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 8:11 AM
denise said:

Good Morning Bryce and Tammy--Your strength in the face of this devastating disease lifts my spirit every time I come to this site (which is at least twice a day!)Bryce--you will enjoy this--Sunday night you will have a relative on America's funniest home videos! Last year Brittney and Andrew were playing a trick on Trent (taping the reaction) and it is a classic! After they showed it to the family Andrew posted it on You Tube--it had several thousand hits in a matter of a couple of weeks. Kurt suggested that they send it in to America's Funniest home videos. Thursday night they called Andrew to tell him that it will be aired Sunday night. He is the one concentrating on a computer game when he is scared out of his wits. Tammy--you said that you are spending your time researching cures--my brother Wade is someone you may want to talk to...###-#### is his home number. We love you...we pray for you...the Wirigs (Yvonne and Jay) are praying for and asking about you as well....Again...you inspire every good thing in this world in all of us.
Love, Denise

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 8:43 AM
Bryan & Christine Auernig said:

Hey Bryce and Tammy,
I just wanted you to know I am jealous of all the friends that came to visit the other night. We are in Denver, and wished so bad we could have been there to say "HI" and share some funny Bryce stories. (Plus there are way too many guys with hair in that picture. I think Brandon needed Bryan there with him to give bald support.) Just know that we are thinking a lot about you guys, and we check the blog all the time. Lately if my kids come looking for me and find me in the office they'll say "Mom, are you reading about Bryce again?" Tammy your posts are so touching and life changing, and I wish I could meet you. Next time we are in Utah we'll stop by. Hang in there. You guys are tough!

Christine Auernig

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:02 AM
Amy said:

I have followed your blog for several months now and you are such a special family. I am sure, from the little I have learned about you, Tammy, that you have already researched MDX-010, but I just wanted to make sure. It is a promising new drug for melanoma that just (August, I believe) received Compassionate Use, meaning that you do not need to be part of a clinical trial to receive it. Side effects, from what I understand, are minimal. You receive an infuson every three weeks. I apologize if you have already researched- I just wanted to be sure.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Hey Bryce and Tammy,
What an awesome picture of Bryce and the guys!!! Bryce hearing Tammy describe the type of person you are made me chuckle.. do you want to know why??? Because if you were to put you and me in a room together poor Tammy would probably never get a chance to say a word!!! Tammy there is a real good reason why Bryce treats you like his queen, because you treat him like a PRINCE and after all isn't he your PRINCE and you his QUEEN!!
Keep Fighting my friend Bryce Brown.
Peace and Love.
Your Friend,
Christine Uporsky

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:31 AM
Maegan said:

I loved seeing you, Tammy, last night driving around in the motorized scooter with Dani. Even with a flower in your hair. It looks like year 32 for you is off to a good start. You got to celebrate with a house full of family and people who love you! And you have a loving husband and adorable baby you get to snuggle with. And you have 1000's of people across the world who care about you all and want the best.
We love you and pray for you every day!
Maegan, Bryan and our girls

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:35 AM
Eric Moody said:

Bryce and Tammy,

What a great post. I have only known Bryce through a work relationship and it did not take long for his great character to show through!

Bryce - I know you will make it through this. Keep fighting and don't just listen to one doctor. Every one I've known who has gone through anything like this or books that I have read - have gone to multiple doctors and kept looking for multiple treatments. Cancer can be defeated! You have to be stronger than the disease - AND YOU ARE!! Look for other treatments, talk to other doctors, ask for help from everyone. Don't be afraid to offend you dr. by asking for other opinions.
Go to www.livestrong.com and read some of the success stories.

I am riding my bike 104 miles this weekend in Moab to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation and the war against cancer. On my back will be a big sign that reads: "I AM RIDING FOR BRYCE BROWN - WWW.BRYCEDBROWN.COM" I will pass on your info to everyone there. The cancer community is very tight knit and supportive.

I'm not much of a golfer, but when you make it through this I will pick it up just to walk the greens with you!

Hang in there and Live Strong!! Your in our prayers every night! Keep up the fight!

Eric

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:43 AM
Jolene Smith said:

Hello again!

I have to admit that I'm one of the people that check your site every day. I am geniunely interested, and your thoughts are inspiring and uplifting. What you are going through is horrendous in so many ways and yet you continue to focus on what is truly important and I have such admiration for that. A lot of us can't do that in our mundane, seemingly "easy" lives. I appreciate your examples and hope that you continue to have faith and hope. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Jolene Smith

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:44 AM
Alex Lawrence said:

Brown Rice,

I am really sorry I couldn't be there with the guys the other night. I know the drill. Having been around my Dad for 3 years (and 48 chemo treatments!!), I know that when I am sick (head cold) it means off limits. My Dad was on that oxygen 24/7 for 10 years, so the illustration of the canisters, tubing, the loud noise of the machines, I remember that all too well. It keeps you going though, helps your body fight to have the oxygen supply, so well worth the inconvenience.

It was hard to not come see you with the fellas. When I get this cold out of my system, I would love to come by for a bit - or perhaps we will see each other Friday at the golf tourney. I share your addiction for golf Bryce. I lay awake at night and think about the shots from my previous round. I took my daughter to four golf stores for 6 hours last Saturday. She is 2 years old. Yes, my name is Alex and I have a golf addiction. I subscribe to 4 different golf magazines, I tivo the golf channel WAY too much. We need to go play when you are feeling better. and PS - get your clubs re-gripped once a year, money well spent.

Here is a great memory and funny thing to think of. I am sure you remember this, but you used to do this weird dance at the stomps and beyond. You would make a fist with both hands and bounce them off of the front of your hip bones in this weird rhythmic, kind of off beat way. It was funny as hell.

I just want you to know I look forward to seeing you Friday and hope that in the meantime you may have peace in your household.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:06 AM
AndreaB said:

I just wanted to say that I'm following your story and praying for you in Argentina.
All the best,
Andrea

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:11 AM
Nono Khosa said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy,
You guys are marvelous. I read your blog everyday and am so inspired in my every day life by your courage and resilience. Don't give up. God is with you and so are thousands of us who don't know you personally but are there with you praying for a miracle. They do happen. In the meantime enjoy and treasure every moment you guys spend together. Dani is so beautiful and is blessed to have parents like you.
God Bless you all!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:22 AM
Isaac and Sara said:

Bryce and Tammy,
We love you, we pray for you, we think of you, we read your blog every day. We wish we lived closer so we could bring you treats to add to the treat bucket, but we do send out love (so add that to your love bucket!).
Love, Isaac n Sara

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:33 AM
Steffani Clark said:

This memory is for B-Town-- I remember when Tammy and I were both lonely and living at home during the summer of 2002. However, Tammy had just met you and had a MAJOR crush on you. We purposefully went on walks every day around the same hour, (the hour you were usually driving home from school). And as luck would have it, you would often times drive by in your little tan car. I remember Tammy getting so pumped to see you drive down the boulevard. Sometimes you'd have Billy or Moses in the back seat. You would stop, roll your window down and flirt with Tammy- she was in heaven. Good times. Thanks for making my sister so happy B-Town! We all love you so much and we NEVER stop praying for that miracle. FILL OUT YOUR BOOK!! Love ya tons...Steff

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:41 AM
Stephanie Ridges said:

Bryce,

Oh my GOSH, seeing that picture of everyone in your living room is like going back in time!!! I found some notes between you and me we wrote during senior year honors english, and they are Hilarious! You were trying to cheer me up when I thought everyone in the school hated me for some childish faux paus I had gotten myself into...you were the only person that was nice to me. They meant so much to me that I still have them! And I second Alex, I remember that funny dance you did at stomps, you were crazy....you and Tammy are in my daily prayers...

Steph Ridges

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:58 AM
Jill said:

Hi, Bryce and Tammy!
I read every day.....always looking forward to the updates - no matter what, so that I can adjust my prayers accordingly. :)
Bryce, we miss you so much around here and talk of you often. All of the staff who has known you since you began here asks me how you're doing....I update them and then encourage them to check out the website. I tell them how you are fighting and not giving up and how it sounds like you have the best wife in the world who is by your side through everything.
I hope to talk soon. Know you're in my thoughts and prayers continually.

Jill

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Elaine Miles said:

I'm going to have to look for some really good jokes. I love the doorway name, it's so fitting. I remember when I was at your house last February and Dani was just a month or so old. Bryce, you just carried her around in the crook of your arm. She was a cute one then, as she is now.

I was grocery shopping yesterday at Wallyworld and happened to be over in the deoderant section and I just started wandering around--Roger hates it when I do that because I always buy stuff I don't need right now. I came across an endcap that had sunscreen on it and I bought a bottle. Since I live in Arizona, one can never have too much sunscreen around. Besides, I bought it with you in mind. I love your strength and fortitude in encouraging us to wear sunscreen. Eric has started to wear it everyday at swim practice. He wasn't as diligent in the past.

Bryce, you are my hero! Keep fighting and eat, eat, eat. Your box next to your bed with all the snack food, reminds me of the "stash" that Aunt Barbara made for your (Tammy's) grandparents many years ago. She bought all kinds of candy, cookies, and crackers and put them in a kitty litter box (it fit under their bed). We laughed for years over the kitty litter box under grandpa's bed.

We love you and pray for you.

Elaine

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 11:20 AM
Debbie said:

Hello,

I just want to tell you that I check your site everyday, even though we've never met. I am so inspired by all of you, and I am praying. I would like to suggest a great book, that is not too long, that you would both benefit from, it is called "Close to the Bone" by Jean Bolen. I am almost finished reading it now, and my doctor told me about it. It deals with your range of feelings right now, which are important. I'm not trying to preach, if you read my website a little, you'll know where I'm coming from. Keep the faith and know that many are praying for you!!

Debbie

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 11:32 AM
Jennifer said:

Hi Bryce & Family

Still another person you don't know. I am following your story and hoping for that miracle. They happen every day, no reason in the world one shouldn't happen for you. And this comes from a cynic.

I liked the recent picture with you and the guys. You look fabulous by the way. All of this necessary bad treatment from the doctors hasn't phased your good looks.

Tammy, you are one in a million yourself. I love your writing.

I think of your family every day and I'm pulling for you.

Love
Jen

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Thanks for sharing the awesome story! You really painted a good picture. I can sure visualize what you're living with on a daily basis. Your strength inspires me! I continue to pray daily for Bryce's miracle and for your peace of mind.

Hang in there. Hug that beautiful baby girl and your hubby lots!

Godspeed...

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Jenni said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy,

You two are real troopers. We join you in our loathe of this awful disease, as Brian is also stage 4 melanoma (35 years old). We have 10 and 7 year old daughters, and a 3 year old son. Brian starts ipilimumab anti-ctla4 treatment in Chicago on Monday the 8th, followed by a craniotomy in Columbia, MO on Friday the 12th. It seems this disease never stops. We have attacked it from all sides, and it keeps picking up speed. We are not giving up either. Miracles happen, and I pray we are both in the midst of one.

Tammy, I loved your description of Bryce. I have read your blog (MPIP'er) since July, and am touched by your positive attitude. He sounds like an amazing husband, and reminds me so much of Brian. It is truly amazing how harsh melanoma can be. I told Brian's oncologist one day that I seriously thought if I took a baseball bat to him, he would be better off.

I haven't commented for a while, but I do want Bryce to know that he is prayed for daily from all the way in Maryville, MO. I wish many blessings on your family and little Dani.

Jenni and Brian Halley

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Joel and Bonnie said:

Tammy and Bryce,

We have been thinking about you both so much and you are the first thing we pray for every time we pray, and are in both of our thoughts all day long. What a wonderful example and hope that you given to so many people. Tammy, your YW girls are so lucky to have you, the way that you are going through this will always stand out to them throughout their lives and I know it makes them want to live their lives so that they will be worthy of someone like Bryce. We had our little girl- Lydia- she is such an angel and like Dani a very big girl (90th percentile :o) ). When we come to Utah to visit we will have to have a play date with Dani! Dani is such a beautiful girl and looks so much like both of you!
Love, Bonnie and Joel

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Michelle said:

Another person you don't know - but we have all come to know you and your wonderful family through your wife's incredible blog.

All of use dealing with Melanoma on all levels are supporting you and praying for you every day.

Stay strong, and know that you are at the top of all our lists in our prayers!

Michelle

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 1:22 PM
JL & Janalynne Stayner said:

I have been following your blog religiously since it began. After the journey we have taken this year with Samantha and her cancer so much of what you write about makes sense to me, unfortunately. All of the chemo drugs, procedures, iv's, blood transfusions, home health care, etc etc. Yuck, yuck, and yuck!

I love seeing the pictures of your adorable Dani and hearing about all of the wonderful things that people have done in Bryce's behalf. There really are so many good people out there that want to help. I have felt a little helpless in this effort. Since I am 33 weeks prego right now I can't really give blood. I know JL was going to try and get out of school early on Friday to go golfing with everybody.

I guess I really just want you and Bryce to know that we do pray for your family daily. I got a kick out of your cancer curing concoction that you tried to get Bryce to drink. It just hit so close to home that I had to laugh at how unwelcoming the taste can be. My mom had uterine cancer about 13 years ago and at the time my family did not have any health insurance and there were still 9 kids at home. So instead of doing all of the normal treatments for cancer she went to live with her parents for a time and all she did all day was make green drinks for herself. She was on a strict diet with no dairy or meat and lots of fresh veggies. It took about 7 months but her cancer has been in remission ever since. Now granted, faith and prayers played a huge part in her recovery as well.

When my mom found out that Samantha had cancer she pretty much decided on her own that she was going to move in with us and try and heal Samantha naturally. JL and I decided to move forward with the chemo treatments but we allowed my mom to subject Samantha to some of the nastiest concoctions of wheatgrass juice, herbal supplements, flax seed oil, etc. I think just because Samantha was so little and didn't know any better she would down the stuff without a lot of complaint. Her pureed food consists of sprouts, and lettuces, avocado, carrots, apples, pineapple, and whatever my mom can find to stick in there. Samantha actually really likes it, but again, she doesn't really know anything different. JL and I do make fun of my mom for the homeopathic pills that she claims are supposed to clean out Samantha's energy channels. You have to tap the bottle 10 times and then give her the pill without touching it. I don't know why the instructions don't include facing the sun and clicking her heels 3 times as well.

All joking aside, Samantha has had the sniffles only once throughout her chemo treatments and only needed 2 blood transfusions. This is over a 6 month period of time. After performing the surgery to remove her tumor they discovered that the remaining tumor tissue was maturing into normal ganglion tissue. Minus the fact that she was bald, most people couldn't tell she even had cancer.

For whatever it's worth, I thought you might be interested in a little of Samantha's experience. When I pray for Bryce I am not really giving Heavenly Father a choice in the matter. Bryce is going to get well so JL and I can hang out with you guys and get to know you better.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 1:55 PM
Anonymous said:

You don't know me, I am a freind of a friend of a friend who came across your blog. You and your family are an inspiration to me and I pray for you daily as well as check this blog daily!

Hang in there, you are loved, even by those you have never met!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 2:43 PM
STACI (MPIP) said:

YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOO COURAGOUS, NOT ONLY ARE YOU BATTLING THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE BUT YOU'RE RAISING A BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER AND DOCUMENTING ALL OF THIS SO PEOPLE CAN LEARN FROM THIS AWFUL DISEASE CALLED CANCER. I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR YOU BRYCE, TAMMY AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY.
I SOMETIMES QUESTION MY FAITH WHEN I SEE SUCH A LOVING, YOUNG FAMILY DEALING WITH THIS! PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 3:11 PM
Kristen said:

Hey Bryce!

I don't know if you remember me, but I was your tutor at Sylvan Learning Center what seems like 100 years ago. My sister Rachel Ridges told me about your story, and I've been following it, and have a prayer for you always in my heart. Your courage,enthusiasm, and positive attitude never seize to amaze me. I haven't met your wife, but what an amazing woman! Stay strong buddy!

Kristen Ridges Hulse

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 3:21 PM
Deborah Bailey said:

Hi Bryce-Tammy
I read this daily and just can't tell you how much I admire you both for the strength and love you face this with.
You have been a great inspiration to me in the way I look at what I am faced with. Sometimes we just need to have a swiff kick to make us know how truly blessed we are. You have been my "swift kick" - THANK YOU! Hang in there and kick this thing in the butt! You are in my daily prayers and thoughts.
Gods blessing be with your family,
Deb Bailey

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 3:32 PM
Wooz said:

Hey guys:

Thanks for letting us come and hang out at your place the other night.

Also, I think that the shower chair is very contemporary (clean lines, multi-functional, etc.).

Hoping you have good day.

Prayers,

Wooz

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
You are so loved and so loving. Thank you for your example. Mom and I are praying for healing and comfort for you both. I think how wonderful life would be if we followed your example and cherished each good moment.

You're now also being prayed for in Spokane Washington, San Antonio Texas, St. Paul Minnesota, and Toronto Ontario Canada. Pretty soon I'm going to have to start repeating myself. We love you both. I'm glad each day has a snuggle in it, and I'm so grateful you have help.
Love always,

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Andrea said:

Bryce and Tammy,
Not sure you remember me but I sent an earlier email, letting you know that I follow your website daily and my thoughts and prayers are with you both. My 44 year old brother fought melanoma for two years then made a personal decision not to fight anymore and I had to respect that. I am so excited, however, that you are continuing to fight this beast with everything you have. I truly believe in miracles and pray everyday that one comes your way. By the way, I love the group picture. By the way Bryce, even with all the treatment you are going through you are still one heck of a good looking guy! Is that a twinkle in your eye? Thank good for loving friends and family. You hang in there, sleep all you want, your body needs it, and eat those snacks. (If you can handle it, try tuning into the food channel to see if it stimulates your apetite, it may work!)
Love and Prayers to your both and Dani (you two sure made a beautiful baby!)
Andrea in Philly

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 3:46 PM
Carol Fleming said:

Dear Tammy and Bryce,

You don't know me but I check your site everyday for updates. You are in my fervent prayers for peace, comfort, and ultimate healing.

We have identical twin girls that just turned 5 on Sept. 24th. One of our girls, McKenzie, was diagnosed with a rare and very aggressive muscle cancer (Rhabdomyosarcoma) at the tender age of 3 months. She endured 1 year of chemo and 5 weeks of radiation and is currently cancer free (3 years and 8 months....praise God). This journey is unimaginable for those who have not walked it, and while I would never wish this on myself, my children or others, it was a true gift, as it gave us the insight into what it really means to live and appreciate life.

Your story is once again a reminder to live life to the fullest and to love without limits. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. It has touched me deeply.

Praying for your complete healing,
Carol Fleming

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 4:03 PM
Karen York said:

Doorway,
I want you to know that I check your website every day to keep up on how you are doing. It makes me feel thankful and appreciate everything in life. Keep fighting, Doorway. If anyone can make a miracle happen, it's you.
I pray for you every day. I believe.

I have been through this with my mom. I know a little bit about what you and Tammy are going through. It's a battle but you can do it.

Tammy knows just how to word everything. She is a great writer. I love reading her words. It made me laugh to read that someone at your work calls you "doorway". Such a great definition of you. I'm so glad I was able to meet you and I know the type of person you are. It's true, it is so easy to get to know you. Keep the hope alive and know that I love you and pray for you in Y-Om-In.
Karen (I mean, step stool)

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 4:10 PM

That is a pretty cool picture, I recognize one or two of the guys in it, and would probably be pretty shocked when I realize who the others are. I remember that crowd from back in high school. I was a year behind (the same year as Tammy), and those guys were the ultra cool funny guys that always made classes or assemblies more fun!

I'm so glad that Bryce hasn't given up, I didn't think he would. But, I'm glad you're getting the help you need at home, with hospice. It's an amazing service.

Tammy, my eyes are welled up with tears. This is a battle no one should ever have to fight... especially not you and Bryce. Each of you are carrying this burden with the most dignity and grace that I have ever seen. I'm sorry I haven't commented much lately, but I do check in multiple times a day. I'm at a loss for words, I just want to close my eyes and make it all go away.

Much love to you and your family.
~Christy (Avis)

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 4:17 PM
Sue Benson said:

Hello Bryce and Tammy,
I couldn't resist saying hello so that you will have even more to read to Bryce! Thanks Tammy for your wonderful and insightful description of what is going on. Your blog is one of the first things I check each morning (along with the Ding airline specials!!) You both are so courageous, strong and determined, thanks for sharing those qualities with all of us who are following your lives. My prayers are also sent on your behalf daily, it is clear that the Lord is giving you a lot of strength, continue to cherish each minute you have together and to be happy every day!!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 4:40 PM
nic said:

you asked for jokes, but i don't have any that are clean except this singles ad was placed in the Atlanta Journal

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I' m a very good girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting....

...attached is a picture of a black lab.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Bryce and Tammy-

What an example of true strength you both are! You guys keep working hard and having hope. You are in our prayers every night and are never far from our thoughts. From this struggle, you will both help people in the future from having to go through this. Stay Strong, Stay Happy and Stay Prayerful and the Lord will carry you through.

-Brittani & Stephen Martin
old VV9th ward member.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Hi Bryce and Tammy,

Thank you for keeping us posted on your blog about what is going on and giving us a little more insight into the day to day happenings. I try not to visit too often because I don't want to take precious time away from all of you being together. I am glad that Bryce is getting his needed sleep. The body recovers much better with good sleep. Maybe if we collectively keep asking for Bryce's miracle, Heavenly Father may soon get tired of all the pleading, and simply GRANT IT! :)

My girls brought roses to you, Tammy, on your birthday. They left them on the doorstep...I hope they didn't wilt! They love you, Bryce, and Dani. Rebecca's prayers have been very tender regarding your family. I pray that her requests are honored.

I don't check your blog at school anymore because I can't get through it without tears spilling, so I wait until I'm home. My kids always know when I'm looking at it and have stopped asking why I'm crying... Usually, they ask, "what does it say about Bryce?" without even seeing the computer.

I've thought about how many people wanted the Savior to stay on the earth and live among them. He died at 33. There must have been so much sorrow at his passing. And yet, the resurrection brought just as much joy. How grateful I am to know that this life is just a sliver of the eternities. Nobody wants you to leave early....and we are all anxiously praying for a miracle. You must be loved just as much on the other side of the veil...maybe there is a tug of war going on! Well, we're going to win! :)

Tammy, let us know what we can do to help you. You have so many things to do. I would love to come and provide service for you so you can spend more time with Bryce and Dani. But, I also don't want to wear you down with visiting. Let the Relief Society know and they can call me to do ANYTHING you need; toilet scrubbing included! Lauri has my number.

I taught a girl in the first grade 12 years ago. She got leukemia in the second grade and almost didn't make it through the treatments. I hadn't heard from her for years and a couple of years ago found me and had to re-introduce herself to me because she had changed so much physically. But, once she told me her first name, I knew her immediately. I had prayed for years for her and didn't know how she had fared. She has never forgotten that battle she fought and won. And I was forever touched by how she fought the battle with quiet perserverence.

You are winning with every breath you take. And even when you sleep, there are those of us who are reading your blogs and are being forever changed for the better.

I think about you guys all the time...

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Aunt Barbara Stevens said:

Dear Tammy, Bryce, and Dani,
First of all, let me say that the picture you painted of Bryce made me wish I'd found him before you did, Tammy. I don't care if he is 20 years younger!!! Boy, you guys continue to amaze me with this blog. I don't just check it once a day, but several. And I read all the comments that your friends, loved ones, and strangers write. It's incredible what good people there are in the world; people who have their own struggles and yet find the time to encourage and pray for others. I'm sure you never dreamed when you started this blog how far-reaching the effects would be. You have touched far more lives than you will ever know. Bryce, I continue to pray for you. My heart is forever touched with the love that eminates from each of you. Your love for each other and your fellowmen deserves great rewards.
Now, Tammy, I know you stay up nights researching cancer and looking for anything at all that will give you hope. I'm sure you get tons of suggestions--some worth a try, others quirky. I am going to tell you about one that I heard last night. I'm not going to try to explain it because I wouldn't get any of the details right. I'm just going to relay the information, and you can research it if you so desire. You may have already heard about it. I was told about it in my carpool to Portland Mormon Choir practice, and the man who shared it showed me the book. He has had cancer himself and has talked with others who have had success with this. It supposedly helps build up the immune system. The book is called "Canada's Remarkable Unknown Cancer Remedy--The Essiac Report" by Richard Thomas. (No, not the actor who played John Boy Walton.) Any doctors out there that may read this, if it is quirky, please don't shoot me. I'm only the messenger and I don't really know anything about it. I'm just passing it along.
Keep up the good fight. You are truly wonderful people and you deserve the best outcome. I love you very much. Love, Aunt Barbara

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Natalie said:

Hi Bryce, Tammy, and Dani,
It's your friends from Dr. Isotope's again! I want you guys to know how truly awesome you are. I have missed Bryce laughing at my horrible woman-wheelchair-driving and our truly "beautiful" wigs in the department :) You guys are pure sunshine (even in less than awesome circumstances). I can't wait to see you guys post some more awesome family pictures - the new picture on your webpage is adorable. I hope Dani is taking wondeful care of her Daddy. Some of us were looking at some cute baby girl clothes at the gift shop and thinking of your little super girl.
I sure wish I was able to be part of your golf extravaganza - but if there's one thing I do horribly - that would be golf. I swear, you all would laugh yourself silly watching me try. So instead, I'll just send a warm and fuzzy radiation hug to you guys :) We can't wait to see all your smiling faces again!
Keep on smilin' - love Natalie

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:13 PM
Misty Strand Greer said:

Okay, first of all I have to say, nice picture. I know I'm suppossed to recognize all these guys, but they just look so old! I KNOW I'm not that old. What's up with Hadley in a button down? I didn't think it was humanly possible.
So I'm feeling bad we are down here in St. George because my husband, also addicted to golf, would have loved a nice golf day at Bountiful Ridge. Sorry we won't make it. You look like you are fighting nice and strong though. I can always have Dott bring you over a nice home cooked meal if so desired. (yum-yum) Also Tammy, there is no doubt you need to be a writer, I had the whole scene laid out in my mind, it's amazing how good you are at it! Keep up the great fight my friends!
Love, Misty

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:14 PM
Nate said:

The soulless are better for your entertainment than inspiration; as such I proudly offer another great pick-up line I heard recently: "Does this rag smell like chloroform?" I'm told it always works, at least that's what the guy said at the fireside.

That funny enough to blow the cannula out of your nose, Bryce?

I love you guys very much.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Amy (Nic) said:

Here are some of my kids' favorite jokes:
Emma-
What does Scooby like to do at the beach?
He goes Scooby-diving!

Why can you never tell a pig a secret?
Cause they'll squeal.

Hunter-
What is a little ghosts favorite dessert?
Boo-berry pie with Ice-scream

Knock-knock
Who's There?
Police
Police who?
Police let me in, it's cold out here!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:24 PM
Anonymous said:

Hi Tammy and Bryce.

I checked in when you did the roll call a while back. I'm responding to your call for comments. I check your blog regularly and have been praying for you.

We are from Pennsylvania--have a farm with goats, chickens, a dog, and a mini horse. We just returned from Vietnam with our almost one year old baby boy, Jonah. What a blessed journey that was. He is truly a gift from God. We love him so much.

I want to thank you for sharing your lives with us. Since I've been reading your story, I've made sure that I keep my baby out of the sun and will continue to do so. And my husband and I were fans of tanning. He said to me the other day that he is going to try to stay as white as he can next year. Thank you for educating us. We had no idea...

Bryce, when you are feeling better, you have an invitation to bring your family to PA to visit the farm. Dani would love it!!

Sweet Dreams.

Kimberly

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:34 PM
Beth Sherman said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy-
I wanted you to know that I read your blog every night after I have put our kids to sleep. While I haven't met you, I feel like a part of your family. I live in Atlanta so, unfortunately I cannot participate in the golf outing this week. Just as well as I'm a terrible golfer having only taken it up this past year. I hope that you all have good weather and have a great time.

I'm pulling for you and praying for a miracle. You are so brave and courageous. I was diagnosed with melanoma this summer and have gotten to know you through the mpip arena.

I wanted you to know that you have alot of prayers coming to you from Atlanta!!!
Beth

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 6:40 PM
Suzette Anderton said:

Hi guys,
I doubt either of you remember me but I went to Bntfl '93, Tammy's class. My mom is Isabell Stringham in your ward. If you want a laugh you can look me up...Suzette Stringham :) ANYWAY, I just wanted to let you know how often I think about both of you and pray for both of you! Tammy, your blog is great and you have such a way with words! Through your descriptions I feel as though I am right there with you. My husband has had malignant melanomas 5 times now but thankfully it has been caught before it got to the lymphs...all 5 times!! He has had surgery for each and a skin graft for 1 but overall we count our blessings! He also had open heart surgery last year to replace a valve and part of his aorta. I tell you all of this just to let you know that I understand what a devistating and scary thing it can be to have your world turned upside for medical reasons. Obviously I have never been through anything as harrowing as what you are going through however! Tammy I feel like we have a lot in common through life experiences. I also went through a very unnexpected divorce. I had 2 beautiful boys from that marriage and was still struggling as a single mom when I met Joe my husband, only to begin the medical trials a few months into our marriage. What I do know is this...EVERY trial in life is given to us for a reason...they make us stronger, they give us more empathy for others around us, they bring us to our knees to beg for our Fathers help and ultimately prepare us to live with God again. I know I am virtually a stranger but I would like to let you know that I am so wiling to help out in any way I can!! I would love to help watch your cute little Dani, I am a respiratory therapist so if you ever need help with breathing treatments or O2 checks, or Percussion therapy etc. I am there! I live right here in NSL and you know how to get ahold of my mom :) Please don't hesitate to call even if it's just to vent for a while!! Love, Suzette

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:03 PM
Brent said:

Your house has a constant flow of friends and family, you are lucky that so many people are pulling for you. I have seen your sister and Tammy out in front and they keep me up on things. When I see that the red jeep is the only auto in the driveway, then I know your resting and/or spending some personnel time with Tammy and Dani, so I wait to see how things are when I see them. Had a smile on my face last night when I saw Tammy driving the motorized (?), I asked her if she had a handycapped sticker and permit.
She was not sure if it would have enough spunk to get the two of them back up the hill. Anyway
keep fighting.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:04 PM
Laura Hurt said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy,
My name is Laura Hurt and I am a TCBY franchisee. I spoke to Bryce only once about the furniture for my store so I don't really know you guys; however I feel like I know you all because I check your site everyday. I want you two to know that I think you are both amazing. The fight you are giving this terrible disease is something you need to be proud of and I know when Dani is old enough she will be very proud of both of her parents. I pray for you every day and I have ask my friends and my church to pray for you all as well. Thanks for inspiring me live everyday.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Suzan said:

You and Bryce keep my spirits up just by reading your blog. The picture was great to see and that Bryce was up and in the pic. Stay Strong. bryce, Keith is having a bronchoscope on Friday so he is joining the elite club of having a tube down your throat.

Love ya,
Suzan

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 7:54 PM
jeremiah n josslyn said:

hey byrce.
I tried out the daddy dance...that's some good stuff. 6ft 4....your not exactly economey size are ya??? I visit the site everday....and think about u a lot. im thinking about playing hookie from work tomorrow....perhaps jossy and I will sit here in oregon and watch prices right with u. yerstday I yelled for you....so tonight I will pray.

I am excited to see pictures up on the website of you at you brothers wedding in nov....but not as excited as I am to see this blog come to an end--I invision the last post being...and they all three lived happily everafter

goodnight - I hope to meet you oneday tiny.

-blue

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 8:26 PM
Sandee said:

I too am battling stage IV cancer ... I will keep Bryce in my prayers. Keep fighting that dragon!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 8:37 PM
Kari said:

Hi! I am one of those "dont know you but praying for you daily people." got your link from MPIP. My husband is also fighting melasuckanoma. We are your age and have two beautiful children (5 and 7). Enjoy your blog and the updates. All the way from Waco Texas sending love and prayers!
The Hermans

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 8:45 PM
Kimberly Tillotson said:

Hi. I hadn't checked your website in a couple of days and I remembered tonight because I was praying for you! I have some friends here in MI doing the same. We even fasted for you on Sunday. Josh rarely has time to check the site (law school seems to be his personal "HECK") but he is always asking about your family. We laugh about how we found his Cadillac Coupe deVille after we went out to the Mandarin together. You were so smooth in occupying him so I could talk to the guy. That was a fun night. We pray that we can do it again soon.

The funny thing is that you two are the only people I have ever heard Josh talk so openly about his past with. Actually, he has never spoken about it to anyone else except me. I was shocked that night so I asked him why afterward. He just said that he knew he would never be judged or ridiculed. It was so easy to talk to you. He also said that Bryce was the kind of "good people" he liked to be with. Josh & I love you guys! Of course, Tammy still holds the title of world's best boss. You sure beat the 4 little bosses I have now. You were so much less demanding!

Thank you for keeping us in the loop online. I believe in miracles.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:00 PM
Richard LeVitre said:

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
I got to hold your sweet Dani when I visited with Jenny today (the 3rd). I can see what you mean by growth spurt! She is so huggable and cute - I'm glad you get to snuggle with her. I have found that gingerale (Canada Dry has real ginger in it) and Nabisco ginger snaps are a good anti-emetic for fighting nausea (I have heard doctor's prescribe it and it works for me if you want to give it a try to be able to eat more (it is probably a good thing that you started out this awful plague being a big teddy bear, Bryce. If I were fighting like you are, I"m afraid I would have wasted away long ago! I couldn't swing a golf club to save my life (or yours), but I was grateful for the opportunity your friend Jared gave to make a donation even if not golfing. I am sending lots of hugs and prayers your way! If anyone deserves a miracle, it is you! Love, Ann LeVitre (and Richard sends his love, too!)
P.S. I love the ring - a great symbol of your eternal love for each other!

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:04 PM
Rachel (Ridges) Lowry said:

Bryce and Tammy,
Tammy, thank you for the beautiful post. I knew Bryce as a goofy teenager, a perfect piggy-back-ride giver, a very forgiving horseback rider, and a crazy wheeler (Remember the time you took us all up in the Bountiful hills in the middle of the night and kept going until we got stuck and had to hoof it back to Justin's house?) Some of my favorite memories of my early years at the University of Utah were my morning visits at the "Bob" house to sneak into Bryce's room and tackle him out of his lazy slumber. He was always initially TICKED that I woke him up, but quickly forgave me and commenced to chat my ear off about something or other.
It was good to hear about the Bryce I've missed: the husband, the daddy, and the coworker who can fill a doorway.

Bryce, you really have a gift for sincerity. You are an incredible person who I feel lucky to know. Please know that I am praying for you daily. I'm sorry I didn't visit this week - both of my kids were running low-grade fevers and I didn't want to risk it.

Keep fighting Bryce,
Rachel

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:29 PM
david bishop said:

hi bryce

just checking in from south florida.
we are all praying hard for you and your wonderful family.

keep fighting through these tough times,there is a reason god has you on this mission trip,we are all learning from your fight.

the bishops
fort lauderdale

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:30 PM
Sally McWain said:

Tammy & Bryce,
I just got your message Tammy. You're welcome...my pleasure! Again, I've had the bug, seems like I pick up everything these days...still recovering from my stint as caretaker I guess. I let myself get pretty run down. It's important (Tammy) to "try" to rest and get a few minutes of quiet time now and then. That's why I haven't been by (the bug)...but that hasn't stopped me from thinking about you and praying for you more than daily!!

Bryce (Doorway) Brown...what an image that portrays to me. I had a "Doorway" myself...and what great protectors they make. I ALWAYS felt safe with him. I knew he would do anything to keep our family safe. I loved reading this last post. I loved it and hated it. I wish so much that there were no such thing as Cancer or tumors or seizures or sickness... I'm so sorry Bryce that you have to experience this pain and weakness. But remember that the weakness is only physical. Doorways/Protectors/You are not weak in spirit. You are amazingly strong, as was my sweetie. I found something this weekend that I want to share with both of you. It goes like this:

What Cancer Cannot Do:
It Cannot:
Invade the soul
Supress memories
Kill friendships (obvious by your picture!!)
Destroy peace
Conquer the spirit
Shatter hope
Cripple love
Corrode faith
Steal eternal life
Silence courage

I'm not sure who wrote that, but how true...and you're finding that out every day I'm sure. It's a mean vicious disease, but you're both stronger than it is.

I love you my friends. I want to come by soon and have a heart to heart. I need it!! Have a group hug for me ok?

Love, Sally

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:37 PM
Angela said:

Dear Bryce & Tammy:

Hi! I am still following your life through this horrible disease! I love your dedication and love you have for each other and your daughter. I have posted before and found your site through MPIP. I too have melanoma but have been told I'm NED now. But.... we never know. I live life everyday that I can, I work, I have a son (his name is Bryce - cool freakin name, he is only 6), I have a husband, a dog and a home. I just want you to know that there are so many people out here with the same disease you have, all at different stages, but god knows, I am praying for you and your family. I don't know you Bryce - but please know - I love you and your family! I hope that doesn't sound strange but I really do feel it! You are the 1%!!!!

Tammy - take care of your man - you have been blessed with a wonderful partner, friend and husband - again - not that I know - but I feel like I do by reading about your life.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 9:47 PM
Jenny G. said:

HI Browns!!!! I think it is totally obvious that you two are not even close to giving up. I have nener seen anyone fight for something so hard.
I have mentioned that I have not taken off my Bryce D Brown bracelet since I got it. I have decided that the color of it is my new favorite color. I swear it looks cute with any outfit I wear. Good choice( I know you really care)
I think about Bryce everyday. He is so brave. I love it when you tell us stories about him with Dani. He sounds like the biggest softy. There is such a special bond with Daddys and their daughters.
I love,love all three of you. I say a prayer every morning and night for you guys. I know you are being well taken care of. I will keep sending messages so Bryce knows we are all in this together!!!! Have good night- Jenny

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:11 PM
Tami said:

Tammy, while I have only met you once, through the Donor coalition meetings at IDS, I have been very touched by your story. You and your family are in the hearts and the prayers of both me and my family. OK Bryce, here is my favorite cub scout joke. A man goes to a doctor with a carrot in one ear, a piece of asparagus in the other ear, a pea pod up one nostril, and corn up the other nostril. He tells the Doctor that he is not feeling well, the Doctor looks at him and says "Well no wonder, you're not eating right." I know, I know, very dumb, but hopefully it made you laugh. If it were only so easy to get well. Take Care, Tami

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:19 PM
Angela said:

Tammy & Bryce,

Though I've never met you, I think about you guys everyday and check in with the blog. I too have melanoma. I have early stage so I cannot even imagine what you guys are going through but I can say that this disease sucks beyond all comprehension!!!

I just wanted to tell you I was thinking about you and that you are in my prayers.

Try to keep your spirits up and even though you may not have met many of us posting, know that you have touched so many people's lives.

All of my best to you and your family,
Angela

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Nikki said:

I'm still here too, following your story every day and praying everyday. Yesterday, Marina said the the blessing on the food and mentioned something like, "and please bless Mommy's friend's husband". I pray for you each time and now you have 5 year, who doesn't know you, doing the same.

Tammy, thank you for painting a true picture of what life is like for you now and for shedding more light on what Bryce "is". He may not be able to "do" all of those wonderful things that you mentioned, but that will never change who he is deep down.

Now that I know how much the comments mean I'll try to do more. I hope you are getting my emails too.

Nikki

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 11:38 PM
Roni said:

Yes this would be my first comment on your site. I know its hard to believe. I wanted to tell you both thank you for the bracelets. Pat and I wear them all the time. I hope you both know how much I think of your family and that you are in our prayers daily. Like I said before if you need my help I am here for you. You guys are an inspiration to me. I will be over with the Baskin Robbins delivery soon.(you probably need a fresh one!) Loves, hugs and kisses........

Roni

On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Holly & Clark said:

B-Town,
Here are some of the many things I love about you: I love that you say just about EVERYTHING that comes into your mind, I love that whenever I'm turning blue and shivering, you're sweating buckets and looking at me like I'm crazy (and everybody else thinks we're both crazy because they feel just fine), I love that you're almost always happy, I love that you think you're a good liar but you're actually pretty easy to read (remember when Tammy was in labor and you kept telling me it would be a couple of hours, even after she delivered, but I was the first one there after Dani was born because I knew you were lying! I actually waited for a while to come to the hospital after I figured she was born, though, because I didn't want to intrude...), I love that you worship my sister and that you've always known what a truly amazing person she is, I love how happy you've made her, I love that you helped create such a freakin cute little girl and that you adore her so much, I love that you get addicted to stuff so easily (I mean golf, not drugs, of course...), I could go on for a long time. Basically, I just love you. You're awesome. All of our lives improved when Tammy met you (especially hers, but ours too!). I'm still appealing your case to the man upstairs. He's like the Supreme Court, right? When you've exhausted all other remedies, if anybody can make it happen, they can. Keep on truckin, and I'll keep on appealing to the big guy for you.

Holly

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 12:11 AM
Audrey Clark said:

I have to tell you that you are changing lives and killing cancer! My husband Troy has this silly idea about once a year to lay out in the sun and he always gets way burned and peels really bad. (He was peeling like a sheding snake on our wedding day and honeymoon!) So it's been suggested to him before that this is probably not so smart of a thing to do. Well - yesterday he came home from work with an economy size tub of mega strength sunscreen! Thank you so much for the good influence you and your example have been to us. We read this blog every day and pray for you always. Happy birthday Tammy! You guys are great and loved all over the world! Love, Audrey

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 12:19 AM
Cath said:

Hi Guys,

I am Cath a 20 yr old girl from a Australia. Have been reading your blogs everyday, and have been praying:)
I am in awe of your strength through this. You are an amazing couple and God just shines through you both.Your daughter is beautiful- you both should be very proud:)
I will continue pray for you guys and please know that even though it dosen't feel like it- God is right there beside you. Bryce, Tammy you are an Inspiration and remember ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 1:40 AM
Troy and Wendy Hanson said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy,

We thought we would include a few jokes and hopefully bring a smile to your faces. We must admit, these are a little cheesey but oh well.

***
Once J. Golden Kimball was showing some visitors from England around Salt Lake City. Every time they passed a noteworthy building, Kimball would tell how long it took to build. His European visitors always assured him that their country could build it in half the time. The group then passed the Salt Lake Temple. The tourists asked what it was.

"Heck if I know, " he said, "It wasn't here yesterday."

***
Two elderly women (90's plus) were discussing life on their front porch when one said, "You know what's really worrying me?"

Her friend answered "No, what's really worrying you?"

"I am so old all my friends in the celestial Kingdom will be thinking I didn't make it!"

***
Joe: My home teacher is so good he comes on the first day of every month!

Henry: Oh Yeah? My home teacher is so good he comes the day before that!

We hope you have a smile now. Anyway, we love you and you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Troy and Wendy Hanson

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 4:29 AM
Rocco said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy!
I'm a fellow MPIP'er and have been reading your blog faithfully. I read parts of this blog entry to my autocrossing hubby (CSP class Miata) who couldn't believe that you gave up the great sport of autocrossing for golf?!?! Time at our house (pre my mel dx) was alway measured in number of days until the autocross season started or days since the season ended. Oh, well to each their own. I hope that you'll be back to swinging a golf club in due time! Hang in there - many of us are praying for you daily.

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 7:47 AM
Susie said:

Bryce, Tammy and baby Dani,
We love you all so very much and continue to pray daily for your family. I think of you many times a day and try to follow your example of complete faith, love, strength and understanding. Keep up the fight and know that we all have your back!
Susie D.

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 7:51 AM
Melanie Reynolds said:

It's October! Can you believe it's October already!! I love this month. I'm so glad you get the blessing of seeing the leaves change to all their beautiful colors and paint this world different for a while. It helps to remind me that change can be really wonderful and has meaning. But there is always Spring in the future. What a promising circle of life!

All the world is benefiting from your messages of hope, especially my little world. My spirit is lifted by your poise and strength. I am better because of knowing you.

Love, prayers, hope...Aunt Melanie

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 10:01 AM
Marley Orton said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy,

In Utah you hear "Oh my heck" so much. I was wondering, what is heck? Guess what?! I figured it out! Heck is the place where people go who don't believe in GOSH!

I hope that at least got a snicker. Laughter is the best medicine you know. We are trying to make sure Luc laughs every day. A big belly laugh. Even if I have to tickle him. It 's not too hard to get him to laugh. He's a fun and funny kid.

I also found a list on-line of people suffering from the same type of tumor as Luc. I sent out an e-mail pleading for success stories. I have gotten at least 10, so each day I tell Luc about 1 person. If I don't have anyone new, I remind him of someone I already told him about. The success stories have been varied, more about achievements in life than overcoming the disease, but as long as I fill his mind with positive things and laughter, he'll go into his surgery in a much better frame of mind.

We, too, think of you everyday and are in our prayers. Thanks for the posts!

Marley

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 12:24 PM
Lou Capuano, TCBY said:

Bryce... just wanted to say hello and know that we're thinkin' about you out here in NJ. We're sending good mojo your way... and if needed, I'll send my cousin' Vinney out there to break some legs if anyone gets in the way of you gettin' better! Hey, I'm a jersey Italian...whadda you want? heh heh.

Stay strong!
Lou Capuano from TCBY NJ

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Emily said:

Hi Tammy and Bryce -
My husband and I heard the heart beat of our baby a couple days ago. WOW! Life really is a miracle. I'm sure you can clearly remember the day you heard little Dani's heart beating! No matter what the outcome is for the two of you, remember that all the miracles that have happened since you were brought together can never be taken away; always use them to gain strength and remember God loves you.
Know that your family is always in my thoughts. I hope that you have peace.

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 1:47 PM
Matt said:

Bryce, I graduated from high school one year ahead of you so the music that you commented on by Another Bad Creation brought back memories of my high school days. Last night I dug into my box of old CDs (normally hid from the world for fear of embarrassment) and found ABC along with many others of that genre. I stayed up way to late ripping them to my iTunes collection. One more night and you'll have a freshly burned mix disc for your listening pleasure.

-Matt

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Dear Bryce and Tammy,
Well, Redlands California, Oakland California, and Salt Lake have been added to those praying for you. Mom and I pray for you always.

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Marisa (Benson) Bills said:

Hi Bryce and Tammy,
How funny that Tammy and I have the same word that we don't like!

On another note...I am in charge of putting together gift bags for a company beach getaway at the end of the month. Usually they fill the bags with candy and beach toys (which I am having a hard time finding in October!) I got this brilliant idea to put sunscreen in each bag. Maybe not brilliant...but smart. So thanks to you and your crusade, the company gift bags will be a little more sensible this time. Maybe I should just fill them with nothing but sunscreen...it would make my job easier!

It was fun to see a picture of all the guys together. I know a few of them in the picture came and hung out at my apartment when I was up at Ricks (they were up visiting Chad) and I can't remember if Bryce was one of them or not? We went to a hamburger place that has one pound hamburgers. That is really the most I remember of the whole thing and I can't even remember! Maybe Bryce remembers if he was there.

Thanks for all the posts and pictures and for sharing your life journey with us all.

Love, Marisa

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 2:19 PM
Amy said:

I don't know if you guys will remember me, but I am friends of Mandi and Nates. I have had the pleasure of meeting the two of you on more than one occasion. I am so sorry to hear of all you guys are going through, my heart goes out to you.

You are in my thoughts,
Amy

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Susan Woods said:

Bryce
I have a prayer I love and wanted to share it with you.Just want you to know I think of you and your family daily.

A Prayer For You
I said a prayer for you today,and I know God must of heard, I felt the answer in my heart,although He spoke no word.
I didn't ask for wealth or fame..I knew you wouldn't mind.
I asked him to send treasures of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that he'd be near you in all things great and small.
But it was for his loving care I prayed for most of all.

Miss You
Susan w

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 4:47 PM
Brenda said:

Hi Tammy and Bryce,
Thanks for your life in an illustration! I don't even know what to say. It sounds like a lot of work, but working for a great cause...the miracle of life. I'm visualizing oxygen tanks all over. That in itself is a miracle. To have oxygen to sustain you every minute. You are so blessed to have this time together, to be in the same room- even if most of it is sleep. Dani is so lucky to have you both with her all day everyday. What a gift for her.
Just a thought that went through my head. A little fight song (cheer)...from high school. Not sure if BHS had this one but VHS did! "Go, fight, win tonight, boogy down, alright, alright" (I should post this one as anonymous!)
Keep fighting. You are incredible.
I love you both!

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 5:00 PM
Patsy H said:

Tammy & Bryce,I just received this story in an email. Thought of you all. We all love you and continue to pray for you daily.

Don't give up.....

One day I decided to quit...
I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality... I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
"God", I asked, "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"
His answer surprised me...
"Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"
"Yes", I replied.
"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
I gave them light.
I gave them water.
The fern quickly grew from the earth.
Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said.
"In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.
But I would not quit.
In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would
not quit." He said.
"Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant...But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."
He asked me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots".
"I would not quit on the bamboo.
I will never quit on you."
"Don't compare yourself to others."
He said.
"The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern.
Yet they both make the forest beautiful."
"Your time will come", God said to me.
"You will rise high"
"How high should I rise?"
I asked.
"How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.
"As high as it can?" I questioned.
"Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."
I left the forest and brought back this story.
I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you.
Never, Never, Never Give up.
For the Christian Prayer is not an option but an opportunity.
Don't tell the Lord how big the problem is,
tell the problem how Great the Lord is!

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 5:57 PM
Kendra said:

You don't know me...I'm Jay and Yvonne Wirig's daughter in law. Anyway, your blog is very touching, we wish you and Bryce the best. I thought I would share with you the blog address of a friend of mine (who's fighting cancer as well).

I know they struggled with his appetite, and Dianne has really focused on health foods, etc. Anyway, I don't suppose it's any new information for you, but you may find it interesting none the less.

You are in my prayers. And your daughter is beautiful!

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:02 PM
Nikki said:

Just a hi to let you know I've been thinking of the both of you even though you don't know me. An amazing story. I followed Sarah T's blog http://que-sarah-sarah.blogspot.com/ from the MPIP board and somehow found you. Boy, you two certainly don't lack for friends do you?! Even though we will never meet, I think you are amazing.
Keep us the fight.
Nikki from New York City

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Sharron said:

Bryce, Tammy and Dani,

You don't know me Bryce but I work at IDS and have talked to Tammy over the last few years. I have been following the blog for some time now. I don't think I have the words to describe the feelings I have after reading through the entries each day. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and feel your strength with me as well. Tammy, I now make a conscious effort to wear sunscreen and have made it a goal to never leave the house without it on. I was aware of it before but continued to sometimes be lazy. I don't think you are truly knowledgable of how many lives you have and are continuing to touch. I look at my family daily and am glad to be here with them. Thank you for all you are doing and keep up the blog for as long as possible. I hope you receive as much from it as you give.

Here's my joke: Five cannibals get appointed as engineers in a high-tech company. During the orientation the boss says, "You're all part of our team now, you earn good money and can go to the cafeteria for something to eat. So DON'T trouble any of the other employees." The cannibals promise to do just that. The boss returns four weeks later and says "You are all working very hard but one of our janitors has turned up missing. Do any of you know what happened to him?" They all disavow any knowledge of the missing janitor. After the boss leaves, the leader of the cannibals speaks up and says "Which of you idiots ate the janitor?" When one of them confesses the leader says "You fool! For four weeks we've been eating Team Leaders and Project Managers so no one would notice anything and you had to go and eat the janitor!"

Sharron

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 6:44 PM
Dave Bigelow said:

Hey Bryce,

Just wanted you to know that our deepest and most sincere thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know a lot of years have passed without contact between us, but the feelings of friendship and loyalty coupled with fond memories from the past are still very much alive. I just looked at some pictures from a Moab trip with you, me, Rett, and your cousin John overlooking the LaSal Mountains on the Porcupine Ridge Trail. Good times my man. Keep up your positivity and continue to let the love and support of those around you buoy you up during the low times. We are all in this thing together.

Be strong,
Dave Bigelow and Co.

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 8:52 PM
Shana Blackburn said:

Dear Brown Family,

Chad and I have a little three year old who has never met you, yet every night in her prayers she prays for "All of my grandmas and Bryce". I know God hears all prayers but I think beautiful baby girls go up first and loudest.
Bryce and Tammy you are both such an inspiration to everyone. I read the blog everyday. You keep that constant reminder for me of how precious life is, when I get bugged with my husband I remind myself that you Tammy count your husbands every breath.
I love you both, think of you often, and pray for you always.

Shana

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 9:09 PM
Drew & Christy Elkins said:

Bryce & Tammy!

We check in on your website every single day and have not sent an e mail your way--I little bit of stage fright I'm afraid! I think that words can't express adequately how we feel about this whole cancer thing. We send good prayers and thoughts your way on a daily basis. Drew works at the temple on Wednesdays and puts your name on the Wednesday prayer role like clockwork.

Bryce, you are one of my favorite people--truly. When you were a young deacon passing the sacrament in our ward I used to think to myself, "now that is a cool kid." You were always dressed so perfect with your high class argyle socks! (I'm sure your mother had something to do with that!) Well anyway you were just a cutie! When Paige was little and going to take swimming lessons down at the Bubble one summer she was really scared--and then she miraculously got you for her swimming teacher! She was so happy and her fears left her. She trusted you implicitly and never looked back!

Tammy, the first time I met you was one day at RS Homemaking Day at your mom's ward. You were still living in Centerville at the time.
For some reason I felt a real friendship with you and I told your mom about it. When you moved back home and we used to see you going for walks with Bryce in the neighborhood I used to think, "wouldn't that be neat if those two got together?" And then there was an invitation to your wedding! How cool is that?

We have moved to Centerville while we are building our home and so we have lost touch with many things. We are what you call "out of the loop!" We had no idea you had little "Dani" and the pictures of her are
so cute! She is gorgeous! You have every right to be thrilled--she is so beautiful! I'd like to see her in person--I'll bet she's even cuter than the pictures--if that's possible!

Tammy I love your gift for writing and how poignant your descriptions are. You have such a cute way of describing things--you don't miss a detail and you make it all sound so interesting--now that's talent! You really should publish a book--you are that good!

Well I've talked your head off and so I will close for now. I just want you to know how much we think of both of you. Your lives are so far reaching--and rightly so. You're both terrific kids--well you are kids to me!

We love you and your families and are sending good vibes and wishes in your direction.

Christy Elkins (& Drew!)

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 9:21 PM
Kristi Aguilera said:

Hi Bryce,
I guess you wouldn't know that you, Tammy and Dani are in my thoughts each day without me posting and letting ya know. Thanks Tammy for the reminder! I check in each day to see how you are all doing. It is truly inspirational to read Tammy's posts and all the comments. It must be amazing to see how many people are following your journey and offering support and love. It gives me hope that some day all of us can pull together and make this world a reflection of what is posted here on this page, and put aside all that is trivial. Pleasant dreams Bryce. I miss ya!
Kristi

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 9:47 PM
Sue Benson said:

Hello again!
I need to share a cute joke with you tonight. I have 7 grand children, 4 girls and 3 boys. Kaylee who is 6 1/2 now (Marisa Benson Bills' daughter) told me a joke when she was 4 or 5. One day she called me and said "Nana Sue I have a joke for you, how do you clean a tuba? Of course I replied "I don't know, how do you clean a tuba, and with her cute giggles she said "with a tuba toothpaste, do you get it Nana Sue?" I shared a good laugh with her and thus began her cute habit of sharing jokes with all of us when she hears one or even just makes up some real corny ones!
May I say that like so many others I am addicted to checking your blog to catch up on any new posts as well as the latest news about Bryce, it is a very inspiring place to spend a few quiet moments every day. Again, thanks so much for sharing your joys, sorrows, strength and courage with all of us! May God bless your darling family!! Hugs to you all!
Sue

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Jerd said:

Woohoo! Post 100!
Bryce and Tammy you guys are the best. We had a great time Monday night and I'm glad we wore Bryce out so he could sleep. We're looking forward to the golf tournament tomorrow! Thanks everyone for your support and donations, we've raised a very nice amount so far!!

Keep it up Bryce, see you tomorrow!

Jerd

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 10:50 PM
Leslie Snavely said:

Bryce and Tammy,

You guys are amazing. I have been keeping up with your blog, and you inspire me to live everyday to its fullest....and of course wear sunscreen!

I won't be golfing tomorrow (as no one really wants that if you have seen me play), but will be thinking of you.

I told your story to a friend of mine last night, who was dealing with some really hard news of her own....and you are now her inspiration too.

Keep the faith!
Leslie Snavely

On Friday, October 5, 2007 at 1:01 AM
Dave said:

Hi Bryce, Tammy, and Dani-

I just wanted to chime in again and let you know that Carrie and I think about you guys often. I do read your blog everyday. It is so good to see the pictures, and know what's going on with you guys without feeling intrusive. Bryce- EAT! Just to help you out... I think I found the perfect thing. This was on the ESPN website... here's the link:
Ok... This is a HAMBURGER, with sharp cheddar CHEESE, BACON, and in a bun that is a Krispy Kreme DOUGHNUT. This puppy has 1000+ calories and 45 grams of fat. Whoever invented this doughnut burger is either a genious or a cardiologist with a job security phobia. Check out the link. There are some other high calorie goodies on there too!!! Sorry for the wacko message... It's 3am and I can't sleep and I am hoping Chuck Norris will kick down my door and give me a roundhouse kick to the chops. I might need 2 actually. That would certainly put me to sleep for a little while.

Carrie and I love you all! Please keep up the strength, and keep smiling, and EAT. You guys are true warriors and inspirations to so many people.

-Dave

On Friday, October 5, 2007 at 1:48 AM
Joanne Ott said:

You don't know me, but I wanted to say how touched and moved I am reading this blog.

My prayers are with you.

God bless,

Joanne

On Friday, October 5, 2007 at 8:51 AM
Cory and Gina Hendrickson said:

Bryce, I would have given anything to have been with you and all of our friends last Monday. I bet you guys had a blast. Did you have to get a permit to have Hadley and Rushton in the same room. That's illegal in Utah County. Looking at the picture brought back thousands of memories and thoughts. One thought was of how blessed we all were for growing up together. What a great group of guys to grow up with.

We pray for your family everyday, and check the site often for updates.

"Shoot the Hawk!"